Rear Fender

Cblast

I want mine to say Pauly Walnuts!
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I got tired of looking at that unsightly rear end while sitting in my garage smoking a good cigar today, so I got out the tools and chooped the sucker off. I made the license plate brackets out of some scrap plates that fit the bill perfectly. I made my initial line with a sharpee, then a shallow cut with a razor blade. I made about four passes with the blade so that where I wanted to cut was clearly defined. Then I cut it off using a Dremel cutter. I then smoothed it out with a fine grinding wheel, and finished it off by hand with 220 grit sandpaper. The license plate brackets bolt in through the bottom of the undertail storage area and using the factory bolts worked just fine. The license plate light works fine using this location. I now have to order one of those Clear Alternatives tailights with the integrated signal. A good excuse to to also order a CF rear hugger too!

DSC00531__Small_.JPG

(katman @ May 28 2007,05:30) Looks good cblast, I used the little signals that mount on the edge of the LP from e-bay.  
beerchug.gif
Did you just mount them to that small edge portion of plastic that is the sidewall of the storage area? That is an option I am going to consider.

Cutting on your bike is always scary the first time. But then if you f it up it gives you an excuse to but a new undertail. Some of the best mods are homemade and free. Looks good.

Back