Rear axel nut

This is what my rear axle nut looks like:

Axelnut.gif

Axelnut.gif

Try a little anti seize next time...axle nuts don't get tighter on their own :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

I did... I used PB blaster i think its called... To no avail
Then a gremlin mustve came over and tightened it :laugh: Cause i torqued it to specs

Really? Wow. - We pay literally twice as much as you guys do, yet we can't even get a castle nut!

:moon: :laugh:

That's OK, Russell: our dollar is worth more than yours now...

I think the Greenback is almost on par with the Peso, isn't it? :poke:

Alright Crocodile Dundee :rofl:

Not our fault we have a bunch of idiots in office, republicans and democrats alike

And remember to put the cotter pin back in. I didnt and the nut tightened itself and had to use a montsrous 3 foot wrench and step on it with my body weight to get it off....

I recently bought a bag of 100 cotter pins from Fastenal for like 5 bucks so I never run out when I break them and have to replace them :laugh:

:lol:Now there is a gotcha that I would never have expected! Seems to me that a socket that has 6 sides would be the best.

Yes, 36mm. Do NOT use Imperial sockets.

OK, I'll bite. What is an Imperial Socket? Something like an Imperial Gallon?
I'm gonna guess that there aren't many Imperial Sockets in the U.S.?

Is it like the United Kingdom which would probably fit in Texas? :laugh:

Hey Aussie, if we don't quit fighting three wars at once, we will probably be borrowing from you! Gotta hand it to you guys, you can't wait to go and fight.
I suppose you know that you are the only country that ever repaid the U.S. for WWII debt.

Someone else said that you have more regulations and restrictions on bikes than we do. Is that true?

Thanks for all the replies! Job already finished. 20min job taking my time. Cotter pin and everything tightened up to spec. It's a Gen 1. 06 fastest colors. Black and charcoal(grey)! :beerchug:

Seems I might be taking a 750mi(1500 round trip) road trick tomorrow so bought a new tire for the rear. First time using a Shinko. I Know my postings seemed pro Shinko in the tire threads concerning Shinko tires. I always said they work for their intended application. The place that had a tire in stock and a mechanic on hand to swap it only had the 009 raven in stock. Cost me $25 for mount and balance. I'll be heading to Shelbyville TN.

Have a safe ride. Whatcha doin in Shelbyville? Supposed to rain up this way rest of week so pack your rain gear!

I just did this tonight too.. And this reminds me, why the heck doesn't the service manual give sizes? It gives every other dimension, spec, torque, but can't list the sizes..

Back