Front and rear sprocket torque

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
I am changing the chain and sprockets tonight. I cant find what the torque specs are for the front sprocket. I need the small allen head torque, on the front axel,and the 32 mm axel nut torque, and while we are at it the rear nut torque. I think the rear is 43.5 but would just like to be sure. Also, where do I need to use the red loctite. any other sugestions would help. I have been looking at Powers post on the chain so I hope I have that covered.

I am out to the garage to take the chain off, I will check back in a while.

Thanks for the help.

Tim
smile.gif

Sorry, I would normally post it right up. But I'm not at my house for the next few nights. But at least I'll bump it for you
winkold.gif

The rear sprocket nuts are 43.5 ft lbs. The rear axle nut is 72.5 ft lbs. the front engine sprocket nut use lock loctite on it and tighten to 105 ft lbs the speed sensor rotor bolt put loctite on it and tighten to 13 ft lbs.

I think both are 100nm or about 73.5ft lbs. I am looking
for my manual to make sure
bump.gif
Check out pages 3-16 of the manual for the front sprocket and page 6-40 for the rear sprocket and axle nut.

The rear sprocket nuts are 43.5 ft lbs. The rear axle nut is 72.5 ft lbs. the front engine sprocket nut use lock loctite on it and tighten to 105 ft lbs the speed sensor rotor bolt put loctite on it and tighten to 13 ft lbs.

Uhhhh...errr...ummmm...you guys missed the
"little allen heads" that cinch the front axle, those are 16.5 ft / lbs..........set the weight of the bike on the front axle prior to torquing (rear stand works well here), and work the front suspension up and down, lightly torque the left (rider's) front small allens to grip the reciever end of the axle assembly (or it simply spins in place), then torque the axle down to 72.5 ft / lbs, and then finish all four small allens with the 16.5 ft / lbs........

and Frank was accurate on the rest...way to go Frank !!!!

That is all.......
super.gif

Thanks alot guys. I looked in the manuel but missed it somewhere. Thanks again, guess I will put it back together tonight.

"HECK NO"...what's a little LOST SLEEP
rock.gif
?....finish it up !!!
super.gif

I'm tearing into my GPS mod tonight..."Goodbye Factory Restriction....."

Yeahhhhh...Bruddah....

Note: "Honestly", I'm old enough, now, that I forget where I left off. Then I break out the manual to see what I was doing in the first place....... "old but NOT SLOW".
coolold.gif

Back