Real Tires/Shinko Price! $179.99

how many miles can these tires expect?

If they can handle a solid 6k on the rear I think I'll pick a set or two up.

Colton

I got 6k out of them on my srad on the street only. Doubt it with the Busa. Expecting no more than 3500-4000 out of them this time. Great in the rain and sticky. I have had pirelli for a long time on the srad.

Sent from mobile device

That's a first for me...

Sent from mobile device

Mostly heavy cruisers and tour bikes do this mod. I'm getting excellent results from using a CT. Try looking up "darkside" on google....there are several places that have information.

I have seen a few ST1300 bikes with a CT and those guys swear by it. The expected mileage on a Nomad like mine is approximately 10K - 15K. :cheerleader:

**end thread jack**

Damn good mileage. Dunno if i would trust a square tire to lean on tho. Cruiser or not it still leans in the turns

Sent from mobile device

Damn good mileage. Dunno if i would trust a square tire to lean on tho. Cruiser or not it still leans in the turns

Sent from mobile device

There are videos online of the bikes leaning on them with no issues. My original posts were to poke fun of a tire thread but people do put the darksides spoken of above on cruisers and such and they work good.

Sent from mobile device

It's hard to look at it differently than what we are accustomed to. It does turn in differently, but after about 10mins it's all good. Like RussellJ noted, there's videos that dispel the worries about contact patch. I will say I would not put one on my Busa but I'm sure someone has or will.

i ran pirelli diablos just like those and they were done after about 5k of two up riding. solo you may get more. i love the tire though. now im running the shinko 009 raven with not problems:poke:

But those are old tech...single compound. Are they safe to use...I was told to use only dual or triple compound tires ???
Posted via Mobile Device

They are old tech Im pretty sure they just changed the name from the strada.i used them every year for awhile. And maybe old tech but doesn't make it a bad tire. New tech May be a little better but old designs still work great. At least that's how i see it. And its a great price considering the price of tires now days. Its definitely not no rosso but to me a great sport tire.

Sent from mobile device

I have had 2 sets of them on my 1000 when I first got it and they was a awesome tire, I run my fastest laps times at Hallett with street tires with them on, Only ones that I have went faster on was slicks. And they actually lasted longer than the Q2s that I have on it now.

Actually that Pricing isn't that good for a tire that's probably two years old. If my memory is correct the Original Diablos were Diablo Corsas. Then the next year came the Diablo Strada and Diablo Corsa III. The Diablo Corsa was still listed then but was on the way out. Then I think it was Diablo Strada, Diablo Rosso, Diablo Corsa III, then went to Diablo Rosso Corsa , Rosso Corsa II and Angel. I was getting the Diablo Corsa III's from NESBA for $179.00 for the rear last time I got one (admittedly about a year ago). In Contast you can get a SET of the new Shinko 010 Verge Radials for 200.65 Shipped.
Oddly enough, I just acquired a 2001 Aprilia RSVR that had a set of these very tires mounted. Tires look brand new but have a manufacture date of 16th week of 2009. I took the bike out yesterday to set up the suspension and almost got spat off of it riding at the same pace that I had comfortably ridden at only a week before on my Hayabusa on Shinko 010's. I had actually made several passes down my favorite road, upping my pace on each pass to get a feel for the suspension on the bike and when I decided to ride at my normal pace I almost got bucked off of the bike. I thought it might have been a fluke or some debris in the roadway so I tried it again. Approach curve, Pick Line, Set speed, set neutral throttle, tip in, start to pick bike up, begin to pick bike up, roll on throttle, BUCK BUCK BUCK BUCK BUCK, don't crash, clean out pants, repeat. Spent the rest of the day working on suspension settings and finally got it settled down to a slight weave but if I could feel that I was at the limits of these tires. Braking wasn't much better and it was really difficult to build confidence in the tires as much as they were moving around. Much more and I was going to be testing the abrasion resistance of my leathers.
I'm not going to argue if brand new fresh Pirelli's are good tires because I've ridden on them and think they are great. They are also 304.98 for the same size tires that cost $200.65 in a Shinko 010 or 011 and I would say, from experience, that a fresh Shinko is better than a 2 year old Pirelli that's been sitting God knows where and in what environment.

Also probably should say that I had the same type problem on my 919 with a Diablo Corse III that I rode past it's sell by date. New tire, problem solved.

Car tyres on certain bikes do work they give unbelievable grip in the rain and offer a more comfortable ride not to mention awesome grip in the rain I have been running car tyre on my wing for last 150 thousand km or so and get 25 to 30 thousand km out of them you can run normal radials but if you can find a suitable size in a run flat version that is the best option because of its stiffer sidewalls and anti puncture proof quality NO WAY ON THE BUSA THOUGHT :):thumbsup:

Back