Real head scratcher

Chrome wheel could be swapped from the wrong year, and hub width/rotor spacing is slightly different.
You would need to measure with calipers from reference points and compare to find out.
There's alot of Suzuki wheels out there that look the same, or very similiar, but they don't interchange, and almost always because of caliper vs rotor spacing.
If you got the bike this way, and you know it should fit, but it simply doesn't, this is where I'de start looking next.

Go to
www.partzilla.com
oem section
put in your bike and year, them you can look at the parts fische, then compare to your assembly, maybe they are the wrong calipers? Maybe the wheel is wrong?
Do you have pictures of the forks, wheel, and calipers?
A bigger view of everything?
What year Busa?
Everything stock I believe. Chrome wheels. Bought used. All I can explain is the rotor is up against a fully pushed in pistons/pads. Thanks ,have a good one.

16815164844715357036332007844609.jpg

16815165479446639028753769226120.jpg

Screenshot_20230414_162510.jpg

Screenshot_20230414-200600_Gallery.jpg

Everything stock I believe. Chrome wheels. Bought used. All I can explain is the rotor is up against a fully pushed in pistons/pads. Thanks ,have a good one.

View attachment 1665450

View attachment 1665451

View attachment 1665454

View attachment 1665455
From what little I could see of it, that looks like an aftermarket rim....it could be too wide or from the wrong year bike.

Fork tube with is set from the factory which means the calipers should be at the proper width....

With the rotor being in the wrong position it boils down to this and the front rim.

You installed the rotors, do both sides have this spacing issue?

I'd be taking the front tire off and double checking spacing of the rotors and calipers and that the wheel spacers are in the right side/position.

From what little I could see of it, that looks like an aftermarket rim....it could be too wide or from the wrong year bike.

Fork tube with is set from the factory which means the calipers should be at the proper width....

With the rotor being in the wrong position it boils down to this and the front rim.

I'd be taking the front tire off and double checking spacing of the rotors and calipers and that the wheel spacers are in the right side/position.
Yeah, I installed the rotors. Arashi ti fit that year. The spacers are part of the axle.

Yeah, I did the Arashi rotors that fit that year. The spacing is determined by the axle. It only goes in from the right side.
And the wheels look identical to my other busa wheels I've owned for years. I would think if it was the wheel, it would be wrong on both sides. Only the brake lever side is like a 1/4 off center wide. It's crazy right? I'll have to do some research on stock wheels. These are smooth and chrome with little markings except rotation direction. Thanks

Yeah, I installed the rotors. Arashi ti fit that year. The spacers are part of the axle.

Yeah, I did the Arashi rotors that fit that year. The spacing is determined by the axle. It only goes in from the right side.
And the wheels look identical to my other busa wheels I've owned for years. I would think if it was the wheel, it would be wrong on both sides. Only the brake lever side is like a 1/4 off center wide. It's crazy right? I'll have to do some research on stock wheels. These are smooth and chrome with little markings except rotation direction. Thanks

20230414_223310.jpg

Well,

I've exhausted my internet diagnosis abilities....

This is a real head scratcher and I'll wager that when the issue is found, it will be a real simple fix....

You have the calipers on the correct sides, right?
Yeah, I've checked the obvious. I'm at that point like when your looking for something. And find yourself looking in spaces in won't even fit....
I've even already thought of this too...
The thing is that, you cant.. that would make them upside-down, or visually inside out.
Thanks for giving it some thoughts.

Yeah, I've checked the obvious. I'm at that point like when your looking for something. And find yourself looking in spaces in won't even fit....
I've even already thought of this too...
The thing is that, you cant.. that would make them upside-down, or visually inside out.
Thanks for giving it some thoughts.
Pads are in right too I assume? They will fit backwards.... I know, dumb idea but just trying to find something. I believe, like has been said, it's something simple.

View attachment 1665450
I had a similar issue once. I had the bearings done recently and they had installed everything backwards. Try flipping the wheel. If the rotor is that far off center, the issue is at the bearings or the wheel orientation.

Pads are in right too I assume? They will fit backwards.... I know, dumb idea but just trying to find something. I believe, like has been said, it's something simple.
Well, the rotor Is too far to the outside that's for sure. So I've given up thoughts about pads / pistons a long time ago. Some kind of spacing issue. The kick in the soft area is that it's only one side (the right, brake handle). I've been working on trying to get true dimensions of the wheel of that year and it's very difficult. Everybody wants to tell you what tire size I need to know hub width.

Did it all fit and work before you carried out any work on the bike
The problem is I've only had this busa a year. First time working the brakes. It is not something I noticed before. But might have missed it. But I yhink that was the side that had a roached bearing, and over worn pad. The wheel spins ok until things heat up.

I haven’t done wheel bearings on the busa but have done several sets on my other Suzuki and there is a space between bearings. On that bike the manual states the bearing on one side has to be pressed until it bottoms out into the wheel, the spacer the slides from the other side (the one you haven’t installed the bearing yet) and then you start to press the other bearing and sandwich the spacer but the inner race on that second bearing touches the spacer before the outer race bottoms out into the wheel. I’m saying all that to say this, is there a possibility that the spacer was left out and both bearings bottomed out into the wheel so now when the axle is tightened it pulls one fork leg (and caliper since is bolted to it) inwards too much and causes this issue? I see on the schematics that the gen1 does have a spacer in between bearings on that front wheel but have not seen the bearing installation procedure to see if it’s the same. I do know that if that is the case, the incorrect installation would only cause issues on one side.

Just remembered I have my gen2 service manual on my phone and the front wheel bearing installation does show a clearance labeled a “a” that the setup has if bearings are installed correctly. In my mind if the spacer is left out or bearing is pressed too far it would cause the problem you are having. I’m thinking same would happen it the bearings had the incorrect thickness. See this screenshot of the bearing setup:

FDEF77C5-C9D6-49D5-AC3B-7E577151AFDB.png

It looks like you have a New tyre on there as well , could it be possible it is on the rim the wrong way round. Not sure this would make a difference. As I asked earlier was it working before you worked on the bike then we can narrow it down. Then it must be something you have done

Back