ready to throw in the towel

I'm going to add my heartfelt sympathies and empathies to that which has been expressed by others here. I know what you're feeling, believe it or not, and I know that when you get past this, you and your loved ones will be stronger for it.

Now is the time to express all the love you can to your mother. Knowing that time is short makes it all that much more important. Visit her as often as you can and when the time gets closer, make sure you say goodbye in person. It will be the most spiritual experience of your life.

As for the hate and anger, believe you me, human emotion is what it is. It's not wrong to feel these things but it is wrong to bottle them up. You have to confront these emotions eventually and decide how to express them. The key is, you have no freedom to feel what you feel. You do have the freedom to express those feelings in a rational way or express them inappropriately. If you need help doing so, pick a qualified, well-reputed therapist and have him or her talk you through it. But deal with it appropriately, now matter what and do it as soon as possible before it destroys you and those around you.

This is one of those things that those of us who have endured it already would wish to take from you and deal with it themselves. But you have to do it yourself while others help, if you'll let them.

Go forth and conquer, friend. We'll be here for you if you care to keep us posted.

--Wag--

I can't stress enough how much everyone's support means to me. It's so touching to know that I have friends all over the country who have never even met me, but you care so much. Thanks again everybody, from myself and my entire family!

Sorry man. Just hang in there. I lost my grandma to cancer and we got to spend the last few months of her lift with her ,which were great times. Really put things in perspective for me. I still miss her very much and I would do almost anything to talk to her now, she was more like a mother to me. I wish you the best. If you need a drink or something i say go for it but drugs are not the answer to any problem. Just stay strong

got some updates for ya. I got a call from my mom tuesday night around 7 saying that she can't stop throwing up blood, needs to get to the hospital and she can't get ahold of my brother. I cruise home from school and get her to the hospital.

A couple x-rays and tests later, we find there is a tumor in the upper lobe of her left lung.

She had surgery wednesday to do a biopsy on the tumor which turned out to be negative for cancer. big sigh of relief.

They were worried about T.B. because the lungs would not stop filling up with blood. Ended up being a severe case of pnuemonia according to the doc. The bleeding in the lungs slowed down enough with the medication to be able to send her home.

Now for the fun part... I get her home and settled in and tell her I have to get back to school. I hop on the bike to get back and while I'm on the highway, I see a flattened can come skipping across the road in the wind and WAM!!! smacks me in the foot (which felt like I had just kicked a brick). The first thought through my mind was "I hope that didn't hit my bike." get back to my apartment, check my bike and I just wanted to :cry: nice scratch on the fairing.

But anyways, just wanted to give ya'll an update. Thanks again to everyone who sent their prayers and support.

Very glad to hear the tumor is benign. Keep an eye on her and I hope she recovers soon from the pneumonia. Sorry about hitting the can. I hate when crap like that happens.

Never give up, things will get better. I was also at what I thought was the end, but things finally turned around.
Ask for help where and when you can, and it will find you.

One of my riding partners is battling cancer and I keep him in My prayers always as I will for you, your fiance and your mom. Not to preach but prayer, faith and Jusus can get you through anything. It works for me. Give it a try.

2008 has been the worst year of my life. There are some things that I don't want to repeat but there have been many wrongs done to me, my fiance, and my family this year. These things have made me want to take the lives of these offenders. I have never been so angry, hostile, and just flat out depressed in my life as I have the last 6 months. Now, my mom has whats called Barret's disease and what I know about it is that it eats away at the lining at the top of your stomach where it meets the esophagus. Well, she called me on thursday to tell me that it has turned cancerous and the doctor is giving her 18 months. I just don't know what to do anymore...

Easiest and most fulfilling thing you can do is find a quiet place and pray.you will find resolve there...God puts no more on you than you can handle,put your trust in him & you will be fine in no time.remember him when things get better.

Hang in there bro, it will get better eventually.

Sorry to hear about your mom, I couldn't even imagine that (I'm VERY close to my mom as well).

And prayers sent brother, if you haven't been saved yet (your mother too), Jesus is the way man! Prayer is definitelly a plus, and all you have to do to be saved is to ask Jesus into your heart...I hope you will/have already done this, and I pray for you and your family.

God bless bro!

Seems like it's been a bad year for lots of people. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this.

I'm not a religious person, so during the seemingly-daily kicks in the teeth this year, I got through it my immersing myself in my family. I couldn't have gotten through any of it without my husband, kids, .oRg family and friends. Just being in the same room with them made me feel better.

Definitely, spend as much time with your mom as you can. So often people don't know what to say to someone with cancer. That can be heartbreaking for the patient, because that's when they need support the most.

For your fiance, be sure that she knows you're there for her and will be there for whatever she needs. I can understand somewhat about what you're going through. She needs you more now than ever. You sound like you're doing exactly that.

Definitely let us know if you need anything. The .oRg is an endless fount of support.

Last edited:
i can completly understand what your mom is going through. I have been battling the beast for 13 months now. You may ask, how have i gotten through it?

without the strenght given to me by my savior, i know i would not be here. I do not know your level of faith, but god hears our prayers.

if you mom or you needs to chat.....my phone is always open.......

+1>infinity

Foe every ******* that comes into your life hey will be replaced by 3 good friends. It will take longer to find, but you have already weeded ot the bad to make room for them. Late 08 and 2009 will be a great year hang in there.

I am so so sorry for what you and your fiance have gone through and what your mom is going through now. I will pray for your moms healing and for you and your fiance's emotional healing. I can't imagine all the pain your going through.

2008 has been the worst year of my life. There are some things that I don't want to repeat but there have been many wrongs done to me, my fiance, and my family this year. These things have made me want to take the lives of these offenders.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...... One thing you should never, EVER do is make any statements alluding to the harm of one of your adversaries on a public web forum. Don't ever do this!

Suppose some unfortunate "accident" occurs to your adversary (no, really... a true accident), and somehow during the ensuing investigation, this thread comes up? At the very least, you'll have a few uncomfortable questions to answer to the authorities.

Be strong during these hard times, brother, but be smart at the same time!

Back