13:45 minutes until possible new job

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Well, Ive been working on hiring on with a particular police department for the last 6 months. On Tuesday 8/09/05, I have my final board interview, and will get my answer. The process has been very stressful, and have jumped through every hoop very few of you could even imagine. The process to become an Officer here in MN is extremely tough.

I recieved my POST Lic 2.5 years ago, and Tuesday it might happen. I work in the private sector now in conjuction with Law Enforcement, but this position would activate my License. Ive been working my @ss off for this for several years, and hope this position will give the values, security, and chance in life my fiance's 2 kids (who were subject to mental abuse by their father and the mother my fiance was subject to years of physical abuse from the X) deserve.

I know this is an odd place to post this, but at 32 I dont have many friends anymore that arn't dead or in jail, (Heck my brother is in prison right now), and just need to vent this becuase the pressure is getting to me, and just need talk to the guys who actually mean something to me.

Anyhow, thanks for reading

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123564614 -->

Vent brother..my brother is in prison too. Breaks my Momma's heart. Your hard work will pay off, Stay focused.

vent away just keep a focus on your goals and it will happen. Im sure ya felt the same thing a few years ago with all of the post certifications but ya made it threw just fall back on all you have learned. were all hopin the best and wish ya luck
biggrin.gif

Well I am not dead and i am not in Jail and I did read. Best of luck to you... You will do great.

At this point, I would scrub toilets as long as they activate my Lic#. Really a hard process, as the last 10 years Ive had to make up for being such a troubled youth. I wouldnt change anything I did, as it has made me the person I am today, but what a narrow line a guy has to walk to become LEO. And sitting here waiting and knowing my future could change for the better in less than 24 hours, and make a good home for the fiance and kids....or on the flipside dealing with the other possability that I will be stuck in a crap job forever, and try to deal with what I could have done for the family if I only could have achieved my goal.

The stress is Crazy, half my family is proud and the other half dont want to be associated with a cop. Trying to stay focused has been frickin crazy, trying to manage the crazyness of the world, and still try to keep all my marbles together. Actually, the reason I got the Busa was for stress relief, and it helps alot, but seriously I almost enjoy reading the posts here and working on my bike as much as I like riding the Busa.

well if there was going to be a problem with your past post would have brought it up. i think its somthing to be proud of no mater what everyone tells you and maybe the side of your family that doest want to associate with you only wishes they could do somthing like that it takes a certain type of person to acomplish this goal
smile.gif

Good luck and God Speed.

I'm not dead or in prison either!
biggrin.gif
My wife would kill me! Or, dig me up and kill me again!
laugh.gif

Yah my background lasted almost 3 solid montths...talking to neighbors, friends I havent seen for 15 years, grade school teachers, etc...complete accounting of my life for 32 years. Yah, if they wanted to scrub me, they had several chances to do it. However, Im so frickin nervous, Im afraid I'll just go into the review board and arf...lol. I appreciate the input from all ya. I will keep you up to date on what happens. If I dont pass, ya probably wont hear from me again for quite some time....I think I will just crawl under a rock and say Fug-it for awhile.

Id post some more, but can hardly type...my fingers are shaking too much right now...lol.

Sounds like you have already accomplished more than your giving yourself credit for. Good character does count for something, i'm sure of it. Remember that if it doesn't happen don't give into failure, even when it's your own fault.
smile.gif

I'm doing everything I can to increase my odds. The process typically takes 6+ months from process start, to conditional job offer. Here the strange thing, Since I started the process they have also started another hiring process 2 months after I started my process, which I also applied for, and on that waiting list. Now this morning, I get an email stating another hiring process is open, and guess what - I just applied for it again....So since I passed everything the first time, If I do real bad in the Final review board interview - I have 2 more chances at the interview without having to go through all the hoops again / just wait for the interview date.

If they don't take me this time, I figgure they might just get sick of interviewing me, and just offer me a job the 2nd or 3rd interview - which they must offer me becuase I passed all their tests/background/physical/strength/etc.., as I can be a persistant pain in the @ss when need be.

All those years of college, and stuggling may pay off...at the very least it has made me a stubborn bugger.
tounge.gif

Accept the things you cannot change , change the things you can, and ask the lord to give you wisdom to know the difference.....Amen
biggrin.gif

Best of luck to you valium
beerchug.gif
Sounds like you have done all you can do at this point. Don't beat yourself up over it if it doesn't work out. Like you said...It's a tough process.

Just remember: (Quote from "A few good men")
"You don't have to wear a patch on your arm to have honor"

You've accomplished a lot, and have straightened your life out. Be proud of that, because there are so many others that cannot, or won't, do it for themselves.

Well, Ive been working on hiring on with a particular police department for the last 6 months. On Tuesday 8/09/05, I have my final board interview, and will get my answer. The process has been very stressful, and have jumped through every hoop very few of you could even imagine. The process to become an Officer here in MN is extremely tough.

I recieved my POST Lic 2.5 years ago, and Tuesday it might happen. I work in the private sector now in conjuction with Law Enforcement, but this position would activate my License. Ive been working my @ss off for this for several years, and hope this position will give the values, security, and chance in life my fiance's 2 kids (who were subject to mental abuse by their father and the mother my fiance was subject to years of physical abuse from the X) deserve.

I know this is an odd place to post this, but at 32 I dont have many friends anymore that arn't dead or in jail, (Heck my brother is in prison right now), and just need to vent this becuase the pressure is getting to me, and just need talk to the guys who actually mean something to me.

Anyhow, thanks for reading
Good Luck! Let me know how it turns out. Also, I am not dead or in jail......
D-

Back