ready for the busa?

chad20062006

Registered
hi i havn't posted in a long time   but i used to read alot of the posts here and i wanted to buy the busa as my first road bike after my old dirt bikes  but after reading on here that like 80% of the people here were against it  i decided not to so i took a somewhat small step down and bought a suzuki bandit for my first bike a 1200 that lacks power in my opinion  but it got me around for the first couple years of my bikeing and i wanted your opinion if after riding for this long if the busa would be a mistake to buy now i still see the busa as the bike of bikes  
winkold.gif
thanks for the input

Go ahead and get one. Just remember to learn the power, its a whole different animal.

brave.gif

I say "Go for it"... Search this forum for Busa prices, everyone was reporting what they paid in what area. There are some pretty big difference's...
beerchug.gif

I had a bandit before the Busa,and I ended with 135hp. A fantastic bike. A point of interest is that the Busa is almost the same weight so the change from one to the other is not noticed, weight wise that is. Your riding position is more cramped on the Busa but you will get use to it. I often do a 600km run up country and the busa is just great AND you do not get as wet in the rain where as on the Bandit you will get soaked. My mods to the bandit were the exhaust, air box and a set of degreed cams from the GSX1100.

What was it the old Nike comercials use to say...............JUST DO IT !!!!

I tell you what, the fact you listened to people, and started out with something else, tells me you already respect it. I wish I would of knew of this place before I bought mine, as the first bike I owned myself. I'm glad I did it now, but there were a FEW shaddy times !!

Do it don't look back !!

I think you're ready, because you took the advice to go small for awhile!!! Know all you have to do is use those same spider sense when riding your new BUSA! Congrats! for being a good listener!
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I dont know if your gonna fit in around here being.... so prudent and all!!

Shoot yeah man, what you learned riding that scoot is priceless.

Just that no one here is gonna tell someone with little or no street riding under their belt to go buy ANY super bike for their maiden voyage.

Ride Safe and post up some pics when you get one!

I think you were ready from day one, the way you talk you seem mature (when it comes to riding) With great power comes great responsibility) You know the saying. People were againts me having a TL1000R as a first bike but I managed. Same with busa as long you know how to take it easy you will be fine. Good luck get an 08!
thumb_up.gif

I rode a ZRX1200 for 3 yrs. before I got the Busa. My first sport bike so the different riding position took a few miles to adapt to. Got my bike new so had the regimented breakin for 500 miles, kept the speed down and gave me time to realize the power and get used to the different handling.
Busa rides like a Caddy too. I don't think you'll regret trading, I love mine.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back