upgrading

gilcane

Registered
I ride a 2003 1200GS Suzuki Bandit and I'm 42 and been riding for a while, I've had the Bandit for two seasons and it's a great bike for my style riding. I can ride like a moped around town or I can make it scream when i want to. I would like someones honest opinion on the Hayabusa. I'm thinking of trading in my Bandit and getting the Busa

gil

its just like the bandit you can go slow, fast or warp speed it does it all well I think you would love it
smile.gif
and welcome to the board

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138431710 -->

Hayabusa = Bandit X 10  
wink.gif

It will do EVERYTHING the Bandit will....only BETTER
tounge.gif

The Bandit is a great bike. Rode several over the years.
The Bus is quite a bit more ergonomically agressive. Might take a little getting used to but what you'll find is that you'll be much more comfortable at anything over 60 mph. Slow, in-town riding will be a bit more taxing on the wrists.

And the power... well, ya know that big torque your bike has from the bottom?....turning into a rush of power at 6500...but tapering off around 9K?

A little different on the Busa. That big torque down low is bigger, the rush starts at closer to 4K....it's a much bigger rush, and it stops somewhere around 11K

Get it. You'll love it!

I moved from a 1999 Bandit 1200 to the Busa in 01.
You wont be disappointed.
Just a little more maintaince time involved, If you ride a lot.

If you have a friend that has a Busa ride it you will see what everyone is talking about.

My 1200 Bandit makes 120 hp and 80 ft lbs of torque. My Busa is more like 152 hp and 100 ft lbs. Busa power is like the Bandit except more so. Bike feels much longer and somewhat lower, Bandit is far better in parking lots and tight urban stuff and somewhat better on goat trails, but in terms of speed and presence the busa wins hands down. Oddly the Bandit is the better stunt bike, being far easier to both wheelie and stoppie on.

its just like the bandit you can go slow, fast or warp speed it does it all well I think you would love it
smile.gif
hi welcome to the(ORG) i have both...
smile.gif
& i gota say i realy do luv the bandit........ but when it comes to the busa.. its just like( id gunnut) said............my bandit sits around a lot more than the busa... post some pic,s of your bike when you can......... we just luv pic,s around here..... talk to ya latter i hope....

smile.gif

Kind of hard to compare the two but to echo what everybody else said the busa is a pussycat until you twist it's tail! The ergo's will be the biggest change. They can be easily addressed with bars, seats and pegs readily availiable in the aftermarket. If you liked your tubualr bars on the Bandit you can even get the LSL kit and use the same bars!

Jump in and have fun!

the busa is like your bandit on steroids! The busa is a tad less comfortable but handles well with the right tires. Power on the bandit is good, but power on the busa is beyond great. They are very forgiving to ride, much like a twin, in respect to gear selection. Meaning if you want to go faster just twist the gas and it don't matter what gear you are in it just takes off. Most guys consider the busa to be heavy, but right off the line she balances out and it great. Oh yea, welcome to the madness!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all your feedback, I have decided to install a slipon and jet kit on the Bandit and see how much it wakes up.

Gil

gil, one of my NCO's asked me the same question about a year and a half ago. He owned a 02 bandit with slipon and jetkit. He wishes he had saved his money. He just recently purchased a busa and he could of used the $ for a new helmet:D

I went from the bandit to the busa too. Had a 2002 and rode two years before getting run over by a tractor trailer. I replaced it with the busa and couldn't be happier. I'm 50 btw.

I did the slip on and rejeted and didn't notice much on my Bandit. Traded it in on a Busa and never looked back. Agree with the others that the wrists deal with more pressure around town but once you get on the open road there is no comparison.

I also rejetted my 1200 bandit and put on a yoshi slip on.
The difference wasnt that noticeable,i still really loved the bike but wanted something with a little more punch.
Sooooo... i traded it on a 2006 busa,still havent got it yet,shud be in this week!
Oh, it was a brand new 2004!

Back