Ready for ride

Frank she is safe at home jajaja. Fell many times when younger stunning lol. All my kids and I have full gear but I need to buy new ones for me (getting fater) Is on my list

20180310_130608.jpg

Just going to show you all what losing bark from an old limb can look like after doing this 32 + years ago . Heaps of skin grafts from top of legs , and the untouched side was actually re attached . This was a 60kph zone crash ... jeans and invincible attitude . I don't really want to lecture anyone , but you also don't want your better half having to wear this kind of thing in a swim suit , or yourself for that matter . Even Kevlar jeans might go along way to lesson road rash . The other leg was the shattered in another bike accident ...:rolleyes: .View attachment 1579867
Eww that's NASTY! Much pain?, even nowadays?
Best to keep those under wraps brother :shocked:

Sometimes I whack into solid stuff , and no padded protection there of course , but there isn't too much cushioning on untouched limb ( shin ) anyway . The knee and hip are the real painful areas on that leg nowadays (waiting list operation ) . I always wear leather lowers or full leathers on ride in hills , but ride to mechanics in jeans . I only really ride the Busa to hills , very rare anywhere else . Bike has just under 12K mostly quality KM .
In my experience , if you have a fairly serious motorcycle accident , you tend to be on a mission to get better fast and aim to be the the best you can physically . So for initial years you go hard , find your new limits , and then over time the limits change , reset by general deterioration of bone injury etc . Initial recovery is helped with positive attitude and acceptance , and even better if you are young for healing .
As most seasoned pilots already know , best be defensive rider most of the time , and aggressive occasionally , only when conditions allow .
The toad rides his Busa with care and respect , and just one more thing , if you got white translucent legs like the toad .... you might want to get out more !!:laugh:

Eww that's NASTY! Much pain?, even nowadays?
Best to keep those under wraps brother :shocked:

No pants/knee guards?
Hands and knees are usually the first things to impact the road.
+1 one bike boots too, not just no laces, but the whole boot is stronger and shins and ankles are reinforced.

Wait until the first time the front sprocket eats your lace, pulls your foot tight against the frame, and you get off balance to the left, lol, don't ask me what happens next...or how I know. Only that it feels better on dirt than pavement.

No pants/knee guards?
Hands and knees are usually the first things to impact the road.
+1 one bike boots too, not just no laces, but the whole boot is stronger and shins and ankles are reinforced.

Wait until the first time the front sprocket eats your lace, pulls your foot tight against the frame, and you get off balance to the left, lol, don't ask me what happens next...or how I know. Only that it feels better on dirt than pavement.

I have Fly Coolpro gloves and Fly Coolpro II Pants that has knee protection. The shoe lace issue it happen to me before thank God nothing happen. These boot I tie the lace from the inside to prevent issues and has a zipper on the side. But I will buy those boots that CBXRider posted. I really Like them

Last edited:
Glad to see you are buying some gear!! I just had to order new gloves because mine broke. I think I got 5 years out of this $200+ set and loved them, so I reordered the newer version. Good gear is expensive, but worth it. I cried a little when I hit submit on the revzilla website, becasue they went up to $280 for a pair of alpinestar gp pro-r2.

Last edited:
Glad to see you are buying some gear!! I just had to order new gloves because mine broke. I think I got 5 years out of this $200+ set and loved them, so I reordered the newer version. Good gear is expensive, but worth it. I cried a little when I hit submit on the revzilla website, becasue they went up to $280 for a pair of alpinestar gp pro-r2.
lol I can imagine how many time you looked at the TOTAL AMOUNT before pressing confirm lol

Back