RC vehicles

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Does anybody here race RC cars ? Im getting ready to get a Traxxas Revo and gonna bash with it for a while then maybe race some next year .

I've messed around with RC stuff for years..haven't raced since the 80's. Traxxas makes some pretty cool stuff, what model is the Revo? Gas, right?

i used to fool around with the rc stuff, mostly 1/8th scale gas -now i got a billion $ worth of junk in my attic--
it seems traxxas makes some good stuff with plenty of after market options-i even saw a nitrous kit on nos website- google "nitrous kits" and you will find it --almost makes me want to get into it again. people still cant believe what speeds you can get out of em --100mph can be achieved out of electric cars. kewl stuff!!

Got a Nitro Rustler and an electric Rustler. They are less competitive than say an RC10, but they are bulletproof. 2.5R motor in the nitro, to be replaced with an 18 when the 2.5 is shot out.

I also raced back in the 80's. I had an RC10 for offroad and a Yokomo YZ10 for dirt oval. I sold the stuff off a few years back and haven't missed it since.

It was fun for a young, single guy though.
smile.gif

I'm far from young and not single either. I have a blast with mine. For an adult it's a cheap hobby.

I had a REVO and it was great.Had motor work done on it and it was very powerful.I raced it some and it was great little truck.They stopped racing around here and I sold it.

Have a Revo (Blue) and an S-Maxx

I have a blast with them but the damn S-Maxx has a weak spot at the front bulkhead (keeps breaking)

As far as the Revo, awesome....

100_1367.JPG

That looks cool! All my stuff is old, and electric. Old MRP GP-12 (circa 1979), a Kyosho Big Brute, and a MRP "outrageous" flat bottom drag boat. Also have a few planes....they just hang from the ceiling in my shop....got tired of crashing them!!
tounge.gif

I'm gonna have to get a gas off-roader.

I used to race the 1/10 scale electrics on concrete tracks.. had alot of fun with the old man... it just got too expensive, time consuming, and complicated to have fun with anymore so we got out of that into dirt racing for a while but it just wasn't as fun... too much crashing into each other.. not enough racing.

used to run a trc pro10.. and the old man upgraded toward the end to a pro10 widetrack

I ran a 2wd Ultima II for dirt, and he had a 4wd.. Optima maybe?

I don't remember exactly....

the class I ran in was a stock class.. specific motors and restrictions etc.. top speed in the upper 30 for about the first 3:30 of the race.. and dropped into the low 30's for the last 30 seconds.

dirt cars.. I dunno.. probably low 30's for the whole race.

The class the old man was in was a 13t triple class or something and alot more weight reduction/mods allowed.. I believe they ran in the 50s.

carbon fiber frames, independant suspensions front/rear, camber, toe in, toe out adjustments... crazy.. I can remember sitting for hours with a seperate postage scale under each wheel getting the weight balance right... and balancing the wheel/tire with stick pins..

Raced once a week.. and spent the rest of the week getting about $600 worth of batteries properly charged to last the full 4 minutes at max power.. basically taking the whole damn car apart every week and cleaning bearings all the friggen time to keep them from causing any un-necessary friction..

crazy!

but fun.

Dang I didn't realize there were so many RC car people on here.
I have a Tamiya TGR 1/8th scale, Brushless emaxx, a couple mini monster trucks, and a few old cars I plan on restoring.

yea, raced 10th scale concrete for 6 years, even placed at the Nats at Whiperwill in Fla. Still have all my stuff, my cars are Associated 10L,s, and a hyperdrive for the rougher tracks. Lot,s of fun and VERY competetive.

Ive had quite a few, but nothing as fast as my Shumacher. It's made in England and has lots of carbon fiber and high quality bits. I've owned Ofnas and T-Maxxes but my all time favorite are the HPI Savage and The Shumacher Menace.

Back