Raising the compression

Shean

Registered
hey fellas had a question. On my 08 I want at least five more horses. So I was thinking about raisint the compression. I already have full system yosh R-77 system on and a BMC race filter. When I had it tuned i got 184horses. But for some reason I think I can get a little more. The bike is running a bit lean rich so I thinking I can score a couple of horses once it's back on the dyno. But the question is, whats the thinniest gasket I can go with in order to raise the commpresion and how many more horses can i expect. My goal is about 190 horses.

If you want a dyno sheet with 5 more hp, just get a custom tune with MR9 race gas. That's good for 5-6rwhp...

I've heard increasing compression increases low end torque but decreases peak hp.

Is this true and can anyone explain?

If you got 184 ponies hittin the pavement , how much more of a difference will 5 or 6 more make????? Thats a lotta work to just change a head gasket and get so little in return for the effort.

If you go to the effort to pull the head??? It would be a good time to do some head porting. Then you will easily make more hp..

Back