Raising my bike an inch in the rear

tinmann840

Registered
I'd like to raise my bike an inch in the rear or back to stock height . I have adjustable lowering likes and right now they are in the center position. The Shop wants $32.00 to do it so it must not be that hard to do . What is involved in doing it ? Can I do it myself without any specialized tools ? Thanks in advance.

Get a floor jack or a couple of strong friends, pick up the rear and hurry up and pull the bolt out and move it to another hole.

No special tools required just a lot of baby steps making sure you don't drop her. Some folks use a rod and car stands to support the bike others hang her from the rafters.....

You have to lift the rear without the swingarm. I used a screw jack where the center stand bolts. Just make sure the bike is stable.

If you can't get a bolt out because of clearance issues;
The bolt is in a sleeve. Push the sleeve the other way, then the bolt when come out of the sleeve sooner allowing you to angle the bolt out.

I just did this mod and my bike now leans over very far when parked.....I do have the kickstand mod.........It turns in much quicker, it really does feel lighter and definitely flickier. It's no problem to do.........don't be scared........just follow the instructions posted above and you're done in 15 minutes.

Flickier
rock.gif
I like the sound of that
smile.gif
Thanks guys .

I just did this mod and my bike now leans over very far when parked.....I do have the kickstand mod.........It turns in much quicker, it really does feel lighter and definitely flickier.  It's no problem to do.........don't be scared........just follow the instructions posted above and you're done in 15 minutes.
+1. I did the same and would never go back. The only drawback I've found is my wife tends to slide forward more, but we're used to it and as stated, the bike feels much better in the twisties.

Back