Radar scrambler

OB_KEVTEC

Registered
You are right it is illeagle to send a signal that is the same as X,K,KA,LASER, or whatever,but it is not illeagle for the PHAZER unit to receive the signal,then scramble it with noise.I know I have one,they will pay your tickets for 1 year,plus a 3 yr warranty on the unit itself.I know it works cause I have a couple friends of mine that are troopers that I tried it with,they tried all the bands ,including laser,they told me that the radar read 322mph, then 22mph,then ZERO.I have a speed trap about 100 yrds from my house, where they sit nailing people right & left,so I leave my unit on, and the cops haven't issued a ticket there in 3 months, it will mix the signal for 3 miles,but on the downside if you are less that 100 feet from the radar it is useless,but you should be able to see him way before that.You can buy either unit, jammer with radar detector all in one,$399.00, or if you already have a detector you can buy just the jammer for $199.00 in 3 month installments.. :)

KEVTEC I went thru hell and character assassination over the Phazer issue here. Todd I think it was persuaded me that I might as well carry garlic in my pocket. I totally caved. I was satirized and subjected to disgusting things like PROOF from car mag tests.

Granted I do carry garlic now on Todd's advice, but I still have my Phaser velcroed on top of my Bel detector and I STILL haven't had a ticket in 200,000 km of perpetual 100 mph (that's my commuting cruise speed on primary and secondary roads, car or bike) speeds in zones of anywhere from 50 mph to 70 mph.

I believe the little mother works.

But then I also believe in LASBUSAS :)

Wait'll that one goes live. Civil unrest anyone?

All of the tests I've read indicate they are a scam and don't work at all. If they did work they would have to broadcast a signal which would be illegal in every state, adding to your problems. A good radar detector such as the Valentine One is legal in most states and undetectable in the rest. Saved my buns over and over on both coasts.

Todd,,you keep forgeting I'm impervious to any & all Mo-Jo's and Voo-doo Spells.

I'm FALCONCOP,,C'mon Bro..you should know better. :)

161 ®

While we're on the topic, maybe one of the police members or fellow Einsteins out there can explain how a radar detector-detector works? My theory is that it doesn't exist since a radar detector doesn't give off a signal of it's own that is detectable. Is this something they have conjured up to scare us from buying detectors, or am I missing something in my limited knowledge of electronics?

ACTUALLY RADAR DETECTORS TO EMMIT A SIGNAL.THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULD GET A DETECTOR THAT HAS VG2 ON IT.IT PUTS YOUR DETECTOR IN STEALTH MODE,SO THE MAN DOESN'T KNOW YOU HAVE ONE.

SoreHead according to the instructions that come with it, the Phazer is directional. If you were really ambitious, you could easily mount a rear-facing one up inside the top of the hump.

Are detectors and the like illegal in Ireland?

Detectors are legal to own but not to have switched on. Scramblers aren't out here so there is no legislation but I presume it could be mounted inside the front fairing so it wouldn't be seen but would be on when the bike was on.

Do they work against GATSO pole mounted cameras? They measure speed a fixed distance beyond the camera by using lines on the road and take a picture if you're over. They must use some sort of radar though as some detectors pick them up.

Juanski....Radar detectors have a front end design(reciever) that uses a 'local oscillator'. In English this means they generate their own internal frequency to mix with the incoming received frequency. X band radar is 10Ghz and K band is 24Ghz. The local Oscillator freg is probably between the two(or close to them). The output amplitude (strength) of the oscillator is low, but can be detected at close range. This is why many detectors set off other detectors. There are detectors made that 'hide' this frequency from detection. Hope this helps.

Dave

Back