Radar Jammers and detectors

OB_easyrider

Registered
In the last post we started talking about radar detectors and it was agreed that the Valentine V1 was the best detector available. However has anyone had experiences with Radar jammers, ie Phazor or Phantom http://radarjam.com/radarjammers.htm
A buddy of mine picked one up and says it is great, on boring days he will set up with a portable battery and mess with radar traps by turning the jammer on and off at appropriate times. Has anyone found that these things work in real speed life? What models and prices.

Hey, what I'd like to know has a dectector saved anyone the fine? I never was a physics major, but it would seem to me if you're toolin' down the road at 100+ and see a cop, then in the time it takes to react, slow down he's got you. I can't see locking it down and creating other problems to avoid a ticket. A jammer would be the only option, but again, the cop can judge your pace or clock you like the good days before radar. Just a thought!

I humbly suggest you use the "Search" function on this site.

You'll find a lot of discussion and information on this subject has already transpired.

Ride safe...and be invisible to the cops.

Best Bet,don't speed if you don't know the road/Freeway or where all the police traps are.If you don't get caught by the cops you will be ID by the pissed of car driver who has a Cellphone and dials 911 to report on a idiot motorcycle rider popping wheelie's or going Way to fast on the road.
When I'm riding with my wife in her truck I monitor the CHP channels and local PD channels and you would be surprise how many people will call the CHP to report rude/fast/drunk drivers or motorcycle riders.I use a Uniden BCT12 scanner which is as small as a radar detector and cost only $147 from website WWW.uniden.com/docs/store,
cheaper than buying it in the store.
Save your money on wheels,tires or what ever for your bike.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 16 September 1999).]

My Radio Shack el cheapo has saved me at least $50k in fines. It's not perfect but it has paid for itself many times over.

Hi everyone.

No laserjammer is required since during a test in UK the stealth front of the 'Busa returned no information. To get a reading the "laserpilot" had to shoot the rider in the back as he passed. I assume this only applies when the rider is flat on the tank.

Still very interesting.

This would contradict (clearify?) the rumors we have heard that it is difficult to obtain a reading on a Busa from the front using RADAR. Seems like LIDER(laser) would reflect off the front headlamp but perhaps at very high speeds it is too difficult for the operator to steady a hand held lidar unit on a Busa long enough to get a proper reading? I still haven't been able to find any concrete evidence that clocking difficulties with RADAR exist but I sure want it to be true.

Todd, A cop friend of mine told me several years ago that on "superbikes" radar was difficult use. He also said that they were getting a better reading off of "the bone mass of the rider" once they got close enough. Perhaps today's radar units are more refined than this?

Back