radar jammer

OB_Mr.E

Registered
There may have already been a thread on this, but if there was, I missed it. Recently I got a catalog with a device in it called either a Phazer or a Phantom put out by Comtrad Industries. It supposedly jams radar by putting out one signal that indicates 15 mph and another of 312 mph. Because the cop's radar can't verify the speed, it displays no speed at all. Here are my questions: First, has anybody any experience with this and secondly, since it's illegal in some states, where on the bike could you put it? Under the hump? Inside the fairing above the front wheel? I already have a Valentine I but when I was caught doing 97 in a 70 mph zone, I couldn't hear it and my face shield was coated in smeared bug residue so I didn't see the display in time. I'm open to any suggestions.

I agree that Phazers are completely, utterly useless. Basically a scam, a plastic box of printed circuitry probably from recycled blenders. Silly blinking lights and Star Wars noises cleverly marketed to the naive and gullible. Not one single test gives them even a shred credibility. A total waste of money.

But for some reason when you use it in conjunction with a clove of garlic in your pocket, it works perfectly.

This advice came direct from Todd, so he cannot deny that it's true.

Glad I asked. If it sounds too good to be true...
Thanks, guys! Now I can afford to pay for the other 2 tickets.

You can have all the jammers you want on your bike but if you have a piper Highway Patrol airplane or copter flying you're caught,best bet good set of radio scanner for backup to the Radar Detector.My2cents

Remember to keep the garlic as close as possible to your wallet for best results in fending off the wallet vampires!

The device you are talking about along side of the road that reads your speed not all are using radar.I own a PHAZER & called them about this issue when I was going to Sturgis this year.It didn't jam it,it showed actual speed.They told me that not all of those boxes contain a radar device.So I checked it as I was on my 1500 mile journey.The ones with radar installed in them ,it worked jamming them, also I have tested it with the local cops, and it does work.I even got to see the reading on the radar.

Mr. E, where is your Valentines display located, you need to install speakers in your helmet - if not you mayconsider chroming your Valentine.

10,000 miles and the closest I have come to a cop has been reading an arrogant FalconCop thread.

I took a phazer apart last year after getting a ticket with it on. There is nothing in there but a small tin foil cup and a couple of transistors. The only thing I could see it was designed to do is issue a little "squeet" to make you feel like it does something. Really, take it apart you will be really pissed, you could build the same thing out of radio shack parts for about $5.00.

I agree w/ Vegasdude. They're a waste of cash. In Phoenix they often place a device on the side of the road that takes radar. It displays your current speed for all to see. I drove by this thing with my jammer on and it recorded an accurate reading every time. No false readings, just my current speed. Needless to say, I returned it.

Here's your paperwork & Summons back Sir,,Hmmm,,looks like your New Toy Black Box Didn't work ??,,Buckle up and Welcome to NJ,,Not staying ????,,ok then have a safe trip back to Canada. :)

161 ®

[This message has been edited by FalconCOP161 (edited 13 December 1999).]

Back