Racetech fork spring upgrade

megawatt

Registered
In the near future I will change out the stock front springs with a set of heavier Racetech springs made for my weight. I want to know if the replacement springs are a direct replacement and all I have to do is swap out springs or will I have to measure and cut new spacers?

I did this mod before on my SV650 and the aftermarket springs were inches shorter than the OEM springs so you have to measure and cut new longer spacers (spacer material included with Racetech springs).

I know about the special tools needed but can anyone tell me about the springs? Thanks in advance.

they come with a pile of new spacers.. you may as well revalve while you are there too... PM GixerHP and see what he can do for you.. he did a number of our forks over the winter..

zlurking.gif

If you need them done, i can help, but if your trying to do them yourself, plan on spending about $200 on tools alone!
If you have any questions, just PM me!

hey John, I took a run on new rubber today... the feedback from the front end was pretty cool, I could feel that new tire up front sliding at first as it scuffed in... think I am going to like this
smile.gif

I put on another set of Corsa 3's the last set did me really well.. I took off a front with maybe 50% but new season gets all new rubber..

Back