r1 throttle modd

justa-busa-girl

Registered
any imfo about this modd is very much appericated, how do you like it? does it make alot of diffrence? i have to do something after racing my o8 for the second time ive come to realize that the throttle is really not working for me, i have to regrip it to get to full throttle, any links on were to purchase it would be great too.. thanks

they can be done its a lot more quic to get to full throttle if you really wanna do it use an r6 Throttle Tube quite simple to do.

Here is a picture to compare mine with a stock and the R6 tube.   Front mark (right) is showing the start position of both. Far back mark is the stock @ 100% throttle. The mark just ahead shows how far the R6 goes at 100% throttle. Not a near the difference you would think when you hear everyone talking about it, but it does make a difference at the track. To me it feels a bit more "touchy"￾ on the street.

I bought both a R6 and a R1 tube. The R6 is supposed to have less turn than the R1. Looking at both, I could not see much difference. I put the R6 on the bike first (thinking the R1 would be the one I would end up with) and was amazed at the measurement. Haven't put the R1 on the Bike yet.

Yamaha part numbers.
4YR-26240-02-00  R1 Throttle tube
5SL-26240-01-00  R6 Throttle Tube

throttle.jpg

any imfo about this modd is very much appericated, how do you like it? does it make alot of diffrence? i have to do something after racing my o8 for the second time ive come to realize that the throttle is really not working for me, i have to regrip it to get to full throttle, any links on were to purchase it would be great too.. thanks
I did the R1 throttle mod and I have to say I could never run the stock one again!
Fits much better than the stock grip and eliminates that annoying side to side play
thumb_up.gif

To clear up some misconceptions here are the numbers:

Stock = 1/4 turn
R6 = 1/5 turn
R1 = 1/6 turn

The R6 will not do much for you so the R1 grip is the one to go for
winkold.gif

I just removed the R1 throttle from the busa K8. Felt no noticeable difference(aaceleration>powerwise) with the stock one. I agree with the fact of elimination of the side by sideplay, but otherwise  
rock.gif

I just removed the R1 throttle from the busa K8. Felt no noticeable difference(aaceleration>powerwise) with the stock one. I agree with the fact of elimination of the side by sideplay, but otherwise  
rock.gif
The grip is NOT a power mod  
ohthedrama.gif

Your bike will not gain any power, it will only allow you to access the power without ending up with your wrist in an L-shape on WOT
winkold.gif

thanks all of you for the imfo, im really new to this modd so please forgive me for the question if it is stupid but what does it look like? I mean is it an all new grip throttle from the r1 or r6 and i need to get the same grip for the other side so they will match, or is it something that is installed and the stock grip goes back on over it??? and some of you are saying the r6 has less twist and some say the r1 is the only way to go lol..so im not sure wich one to get, Also did you guys notice the stock throttle being a real pain to go full throttle quickly that drag race too? i might be crazy but ive never raced a bike that i had to force my wrisr in such an odd posistion to get full throttle.

oops im sorry i misread a sentence, i see now that every one is recommending the r6, and professor thanks a bunch for the pics, wow that dont seem much diffrence at all from stock by just looking at it, but you feel its worth it on the strip?

A cave man can do it!
thumb_up.gif

Grab a syringe and shoot some rubbing alcohol up into the stock grip. Wait a few seconds and slide the grip off. Install the new sleeve making sure cables are in proper cams. Reinstall grip using hair spray. Adjust any cable play.

r8

I did the R6 tube mod.

I like the throttle contrl I now have, particularly at parking lot and in town speeds.
On the highway, I appreciate not having to "Re-grab" the throttle repeatedly.

I totally recommend it.

I've heard both that the R6 and R1 was a shorter turn. It make more sense that the R6 be shorter than the R1 but who knows. I still have mis-matched grips. I was kind of shocked there was not more difference and wanted to try it out before I decided what to keep on the bike.

Yes, I can tell the difference at the track. Before I would catch myself (or the logger would catch me) not getting it to 100% early enough. I would exaggerate my had position on the line to make it a bit easier to get it there. That 1/4" makes a difference.

I'll see if I can mount up the R1 tube this week and compare. I might even drag out the degree wheel and get an exact measurement! Lol

i just read a few posts on a gsxr1000 board and people were debating wither or not to use the plastic spacer that is on it or not , they said that it makes the throttle wants to stick and not return to closed posistion like it should. Any one having these issues? aslo do you have to cut something to install this?

i just read a few posts on a gsxr1000 board and people were debating wither or not to use the plastic spacer that is on it or not , they said that it makes the throttle wants to stick and not return to closed posistion like it should. Any one having these issues? aslo do you have to cut something to install this?
I left it on and mine sticks a wee, bit.

But I'm used to riding old skool bikes than need a little help like that.

winkold.gif

Nothing else to cut as far as I can tell.
Do you know sumpthin?

No problems,the R1 grip fits even better than the original
thumb_up.gif

Only tool you need is a screwdriver
winkold.gif

I had similar issues with getting to full throttle at the track. But I found if I changed my hand position up just a little bit (i.e. at the 12:00/1:00 position) it would make it a ton easier.

Back