r1 rear ended by car at 40

Damn that really sucks, but glad to hear the guy come out alive.
wow.gif
people wonder why I split cars when I sit at a traffic light, it's because for morons like that.

He's in my prayers. Funny today, I'm cruising from the mall entrance and my light is GREEN meaning the traffic running perpendicular to me is RED right. Well some lady just keeps cruising right throught the light. Thank God I was ~50 feet from the light at the time, but had I been going through the light and not paying attention (I'm very attentative but I dose also), you guessed it..pancake time. So I haul buggy to catch up with the lady to give her the Big Dawg you just messed up big time stare down and this heffa looks at me like I did something wrong. The woman probably never knew she ran the friggin light.
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif

At a red light I will always split the cars and go to the front so I am not the last man in line. I realize that this is illegal in some states but I will take the ticket before I take a car off my back!

Marc

PS. I hope the rider pulls through!!!

Last year 4 other riders got rear-ended just like this in this same area (Michigan) where I live (same as poor Jay in the photo). I don't know what is wrong with drivers in this state, but I watch my mirrors a lot at the stop lights and keep it in gear just in case I need to make a fast getaway. I hope he gets better fast.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:courier'></span>I just talked to him today.  He was at a party and is up walking, broken pelvis and all.  A lot of the skin got ripped off his hands when he landed, but it's healing up pretty good.  He has a lawyer and is getting his case together against the dumb 16 y/o that smacked him from behind while yakking on a cell phone.  There are plenty of witnesses, so she ought to get hers. <span style='color:indigo'></span> 
rock.gif
<span style='color:indigo'></span>

<!--EDIT|bass boss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086147224 -->

Man...I'm glad to hear is doing better. I agree with most of you that and as much as I hate to say this, but cell phones need to get banned from use while driving - unless you are using a hands free device. I'm stationed in Germany and it is outlawed here. At first I hated it, I even got a ticket a couple of months ago, because I got caught using it, although I was answering my work "on-call" phone. Ironically I was being called in to assist in an emergency at the hospital. But after seeing this picture and hearing how and why it happened, I can only agree that we shouldn't have our hands on phones when we are supposed to be driving. In Germany the ticket is only about $40 but it should be in the hundreds so it hurts "when" (it will happen
tounge.gif
if you use it) you get caught. So yes, I hope she, or her parents since she's a minor get theirs!!!

Back