R-1 Throttle Mod

kountrywill

Registered
Im gonna try this mod. I have an 08 busa and dont know what year r-1 assembly to purchase to fit my bike. Im sure someone knows and whats your opinions before and after.

Thanks

If you wanna be like an R1,

Sell ur Busa and just get the R1 that attached to the throttle anyway.

Just kidding guys, :laugh:

I love my 08 and have read about this mod. Seems pretty popular but I don't read about it much anymore.

why does everyone without any knowledge have to muck up all the threads where someone ask a question, i believe you just get the throttle tube and install it in place of yours seen several others do it

Ordered my tube today, $13.50 at the local dealer.

I asked about the R6 tube, and it is a different PN. The R6 tube is supposed to be faster still but considered too fast.

I'll take pics during the install, plus I need to lube my cables anyhow.

I asked about the R6 tube, and it is a different PN. The R6 tube is supposed to be faster still but considered too fast.

I actually thought it was the other way around. The R1 tube was faster yet. I got the R6 tube. Anyway, it works, it was easy, and it's about 20% less twist (not scientifically measured). I haven't noticed any drivability issues. It was about $14

I may have read it wrong. Guy at the counter said he's ordered a few R1 tubes for folks that were really happy with it.

We'll see this weekend.

what yr is your busa and what yr r1 tube, would it be the same tube for the gen I as the gen II

Mines a 2006 model, and I got the tube for a 2004 R1.

I looked for it and can't find it again but one guy said he used the tube for a 2008 R1 on his Gen II and it worked fine.

Back