Quick-action throttle

PHH

Registered
I´m thinking of getting a quick-action throttle. I know some guys use an ´04 Yamaha R1 grip on the GSX-R 1000. I´m wondering if anyone has tryed that on an ´08 Busa, or any other mod that can be used in the stock housing and if so where did you get it?

Yes thepushercg has a R6 on his I beleave..
bowdown.gif

If you're talking about a quarter turn throttle the K8 already has one stock or maybe you're talking about something else.

I'm also looking for a quicker turn throttle tube that doesn't have the ribs like the Busa so I can install a stainless throttle lock I'm having made.

My friend has a K7 GSXR and installed a R1 throttle tube (whick is a quicker turn).  The R1 doesn't have the ribs on the throttle tube like the Suzuki.  BUT the R1 throttle tube is shorter than his GSXR (and also shorter than the Busa's). So he cut off a small piece from his stock GSXR throttle tube and stuffed it up the end of the grip to but up against the R1 throttle tube he installed.  

So we know that works but call me a perfectionist I'm not jumpiong on that just yet.  Maybe the FJR throttle tube whick is longer then the R1 could fit?   Warchild perhaps could verify this since I sold my FJR (boy I'm going to miss her)
sad.gif

I also went to see a Kawasaki ZX14 throttle tube which looks to be the same length as the Busa.  But I'm not sure it is a quicker turn nor am I sure it will fit the Suzuki housing
dunno.gif

Here is a R6 on my bike and the marks where I compared it. I think the difference has been overstated a bit in some theads on some boards.

The front picture is the start on both. You can see where the stock one went and where the current R6 one goes.

throttle.jpg

Here is a R6 on my bike and the marks where I compared it. I think the difference has been overstated a bit in some theads on some boards.

The front picture is the start on both. You can see where the stock one went and where the current R6 one goes.
As I understand it, the R6 is 1/5 but the R1 is 1/6, so I´m leaning towards the R1 grip.

What also bothers me about the Suzuki grip is the side to side play, just getting rid of that will make this mod worth it for me.

I'm also looking for a quicker turn throttle tube that doesn't have the ribs like the Busa so I can install a stainless throttle lock I'm having made.

My friend has a K7 GSXR and installed a R1 throttle tube (whick is a quicker turn).  The R1 doesn't have the ribs on the throttle tube like the Suzuki.  BUT the R1 throttle tube is shorter than his GSXR (and also shorter than the Busa's). So he cut off a small piece from his stock GSXR throttle tube and stuffed it up the end of the grip to but up against the R1 throttle tube he installed.  

So we know that works but call me a perfectionist I'm not jumpiong on that just yet.  Maybe the FJR throttle tube whick is longer then the R1 could fit?   Warchild perhaps could verify this since I sold my FJR (boy I'm going to miss her)
sad.gif

I also went to see a Kawasaki ZX14 throttle tube which looks to be the same length as the Busa.  But I'm not sure it is a quicker turn nor am I sure it will fit the Suzuki housing  
dunno.gif
Be careful on that piece you put in to take up space. If it's too tight it will make the throttle tube stick and cause it to keep it revving or not derev(made that word up just now LOL).

It´s done! I got the grip from an ´04 R1(part# 4YR-26240-02-00), and I have to say it fits alot better than the original part(it´s 2-3mm shorter than the original one, but that´s nothing that can´t be coverd with new grips
winkold.gif
). I haven´t tested it in anger, but from the short testrun I did up and down the street I have to say I´m very pleased with the results. The bike responds alot better and that annoying side to side play is completely gone. The whole thing just feels alot more solid
ThumbsUp.gif

R1mod1.jpg

R1mod2.jpg

PHH yes you got it.  I did more reading today and the part number you have is what others have used as well. So did as my GSXR friend.  Also the gap (shorter length) doesn't seem to be a big deal. I will be careful if I add length to prevent jaming - good warning Busashot.  But I would not get a R6 tube.  I think the R6 turn would be too quick hence dangerous, at least for me.  So I ordered the R1 tube today.  So if the rest of you guys wait a day or two mine won't go on back order
biggrin.gif

The stock 1/4 turn throttle is fine for me but your right the back and forth end play is annoying. Not the throttle cable adj but the play between the throttle housing and the bar end. Anybody know how to get rid of this slop?

Has anyone tried using Throttlemeisters with the Yamaha throttle tube? Is the shorter length tube going to cause problems? I've got them on order but haven't used them before so I'm unsure of how they work.

i think im gonna put the r6 one on i guess i better find a pair of new grips before hand while im at it.

The stock 1/4 turn throttle is fine for me but your right the back and forth end play is annoying. Not the throttle cable adj but the play between the throttle housing and the bar end. Anybody know how to get rid of this slop?
The R1 grip comes with a nylon spacer, you could try inserting one in the housing, if you can find one that´s thin enough.

Back