Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 throttle diameter

badapple

Registered
I have an '04 and an '08. When I'm riding my '08, I notice my right hand gets tired very easily, especially around my thumb/index finger area. I'm thinking that the diameter of the throttle grip and/or bar is a bit wider than the Gen 1's. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Gen 2 has a high frequency vibration the Gen 1 does not, try some gel grips. Bars are the same 7/8.

I'm curious what you guys are feeling? Both my Gen-1's vibrated at 3-4k RPM's and my 08 is smooth as silk with no vibration. ???

I'm curious what you guys are feeling? Both my Gen-1's vibrated at 3-4k RPM's and my 08 is smooth as silk with no vibration. ???

Agree, I had that problem with my 02,(vibration)damn hands would cramp,no issues with 08' smooth as silk........so far:whistle:

between 4k-5k on the gen2 there is a vibration makes your hands go num i just keep the revs out of that range... the needle just travels through that range quikly... :laugh:

My hands don't go numb, my right one only cramps up. And I'm wellllll past 4-5K rpms. I've never had that problem on my Gen 1.

I know my Gen 2 is less buzzy and smoother than my Gen 1 was to me. (Gen 1 was more comfy due to seat though but I'm fine with the overall trade-off!)

Back