quick throttle review

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
i bought the r1 and r6 throttles, i got the r1 in case the r6 was too much.

finally got to ride today with the r6 throttle controls installed,
i like the difference. now heres my take on this set up.

i have read and read about doing it, some were worried it would throw too much too quick, and yes it can do that.

for a seasoned rider, you can handle it without a problem. for a new busa rider, i would not recomended you doing this. learn the bike , then relearn the bike again before modding this, it can get you into trouble very very fast.
im not saying im that good,im not, i respect the bike and what it can do, this is an added plus to what it can do.
around town riding did not suffer, you learn the throttle quickly,
for the wheelie lovers, oh yes you will like this.

im keeping the r6 version on the bike, one of the best mods i have done

What year r6, what parts, what's involved in the install?
Got pics?
laugh.gif

cheers
ken

its just the throttle housing, an easy swap, ill get you the part numbers tomorrow.

I ordered one for the R1. A 2004 R1 will work, not sure about the r6 but I would imagine the same year would fit.

It's not as quick as a quarter thottle. I put on the R1 last week and I love it. It is about 15% quicker than stock.

The channel in the throttle tube is larger in dia. So the cable gets pulled at a higher ratio(sooner or quicker) you won't have to rub your elbo on the ground to pin it.You will reach full pull sooner.

This is not needed for us old folks that just cruise around..
tounge.gif
Or is it?
rock.gif
Hummm let me see..
laugh.gif

I'm interested....and Doyle, me thinks the "youngster" hath made a challenge.....I'm bringin' a camera for the look on "his" face......
coolold.gif

Back