questionable talent, help me out

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I'd like to believe I'm a reasonable accepting kinda guy.... I like lots of stuff and avoid picking favorites so I can enjoy that much more. When asked what type of music I enjoy, it is easier to name the 3 styles I DON'T enjoy instead.

Now, I realize "ART" and "Talent" are able to be open to interpretation. but I think that is to a degree, not an absolute always.

my two points and a question:

I been listening to CHRISTmas music on Shoutcast.com for the last couple weeks, and, depending on the station, various "pop" songs pop up and I get the joy of listening to some guy or gal warble through some classic CHRISTmas tune, sounding like someone who has NEVER sung before, or perhaps they've smoked filterless cigarettes forever, or were beat heavily in prison. The notes are off pitch, the delivery is uneven and randomly poorly executed. I don't feel emotionally pulled to this "Style" other than sickened by teh embarassment I feel for the performer - and the company that decided it was a good idea to record and promote this person.

I know I am old now and am supposed to sit around shaking my finger, griping, "You youger folk are so rebelious and your music filthy..." but I don't feel that way. I listen to a lot of modern stuff all the time.

But why do horrible performers get ANY airtime at all?

On one hand we have these shows like AMERICAN IDOL, where, believe it or not, they actually DO ferret out the "Talent" from the "No talent" on a weekly basis demonstrating how to have both asthetically pleasing appearance AND vocal ability... but then there is this trash on the radio, and online

What an obvious hypocritical culture.

WHY WHY WHY would anyone want to listen to classic CHRISTMAS songs butchered by someone who sounds like they need a soup kitchen and a drag on something long before shoving a microphone into their face? ? ? ?

Merry (Cough gag spit) Christmas, pass me the bottle and some meth
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

Thank God! Johhny Mathis is singing HAVE YOURSELF A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS now.

I feel better!

Oh Greg, just get the new "Ozzy" sings your Christmas favorites and sit back and enjoy.
biggrin.gif

(GSXcite @ Dec. 25 2006,13:52) Oh Greg, just get the new "Ozzy" sings your Christmas favorites and sit back and enjoy.
biggrin.gif
Hahahaha!!! I can hear it now...

"I'm dreaming of a white christmas.... SHARON!!!!!"
"What is it Ozzy?"
"I'm the prince of F@#$ing Darkness, I don't sing F@#$ing Christmas Songs..."
"Holy Crap Ozzy!"
"Wha Sharon?"
"I think the people ACTUALLY understood you talking! It's a Christmas MIRACLE!!!"

Back