Question from a new owner

RDosdorian

Registered
I am scheduled to pickup my 06 today. I purchased it used. The bike has Polished Carrozzeria Stage II Wheels. The current owner told me that he opted to put a 42 tooth sprocket on it. So, here are the questions...

What is stock?
What will the 42 tooth change mean for me? I am not looking to go 180 mph but I am also not a "wheelie" person. I just wanted a bike to replace my CBR1100XX.
How will this affect the speedo? Odometer?

Thanks

- Ray

I am scheduled to pickup my 06 today.  I purchased it used.  The bike has Polished Carrozzeria Stage II Wheels.  The current owner told me that he opted to put a 42 tooth sprocket on it.  So, here are the questions...

What is stock?
What will the 42 tooth change mean for me?  I am not looking to go 180 mph but I am also not a "wheelie" person.  I just wanted a bike to replace my CBR1100XX.
How will this affect the speedo?  Odometer?

Thanks

- Ray
Stock sprocket is 40 in the rear . 42 sprocket will add a 5% error to the speedo and odometer , speedo is off from the factory about 7% , add that to the spocket change and you are looking at 12% speedo error . Odo is correct from the factory so it will have a 5% error with the 42 sprocket , a speedhealer can correct the speedo and odo errors

Back