sprocket question

dewie

Registered
I recently put on a 16 tooth front sprocket and love it!! It's great for around town and picked up a bunch of time at the track. I still have the 40 tooth in the rear, should I step up to the 42?? Will it make big gains out at the track??

Whats the pro's and cons of a 16/42 combo??

guns.gif
16 41 is a good in town and on the freeway

Anyone know of anyone who offers a rear sprocket smaller than the stock size for a hayabusa??
vortex does if you look up the sprocket size and then go on vortex's websight im almost positive they have one but everytime i go on there it keeps crashing my internet exporer but i think they'll cut custom sizes but you just cant return them ... why are you doing a ton of highway miles and want the extra mpg's?

Buddy o mine runs a 19/39 combo....Gets rediculous milage and ususally ON A GOOD DAY can tap the 200 mark.
But as with most things he had to sacrifice something.....his low end is HORRIBLE.
beerchug.gif

Im running a 16/42 vortex, but my teeth in the rear are wearing out, so stepping up to a 16/43 Renthal steel gears. But then again i am a big fan of low gears..

yeah renthal makes steel front sprockets, just like vortex, but all the rears are alum. i'm going w/ renthal for the rear because they look cooler than the vortex.

Should try the PBI Brand sprockets you will love them...I have a 39 tooth light use sprocket in stock.

I do a lot of highway riding yes... But my bike is also set up for top end all the way... It still pulls like crazy off the bottom... But my goal is off the top... Even my nitrous is set up for 3rd gear and up only... Plus, the increase in fuel mileage wouldn't be so bad either!!! I would need steel sprockets though, cause I'm not exactly gentle on the chain and sprockets!! haha

busa_0003.jpg

I'm no racer per-say, I just bought a Vortex 41T , how many miles can I get out of it..? Is it a potential problem being aluminum ? I do maintain my bike prety good..

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
dolilind @ Jul. 27 2008 said:
1487780[/ATTACH] AM]
Im running a 16/42 vortex, but my teeth in the rear are wearing out, so stepping up to a 16/43 Renthal steel gears.  But then again i am a big fan of low gears..
Renthal only makes aluminum sprockets.
Sorry. you all were right. Renthal rear sprockets are aluminum.

did i ever say that i hate my dealer, another waste of $$$$...

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back