QUESTION FOR WARCHILD

kkbusa

Registered
How do those FJR top gun bar end weights work on the 08 busa. Just want to know if they help with the vibration, or just throwing 55 dollars away. Thanks kevin.
boohoo.gif

How do those FJR top gun bar end weights work on the 08 busa. Just want to know if they help with the vibration, or just throwing 55 dollars away. Thanks kevin.
In my case, they had an positive effect on the vibes - particularly the often-discussed vibes around 4500 RPM - but they aren't going to eliminate them entirely. So I would say the vibes around the 4500 RPM are definitely improved, but not totally eliminated. The vibes around in the 6000 RPM range were only slightly improved.

And they look pretty killer....
cool.gif

BrakeStrikePoint.jpg

I should also mention that the Top Gun End Weights are normally polished stainless steel; I happened to have mine powder-coated black.

But this is what they look like when they arrive at your door:

fjr_end_weight_LG.jpg

Hey Warchild

Are those BMW grips??
Correct... these are BMW "Sport Grips", the de-facto standard within the Endurance Riding community. We have tried every grip on the market, and we always come back to these. For 1000-mile Iron Butt days, this is the $hit to have. They don't get any better.

However, they are a complete and utter ass-pain to install on the K8 due to the non-standard throttle sleeve that Suzuki uses. You have to dremel off a couple of ridges that are molded into the throttle sleeve. It's not too bad, really, but it's not the trivial "slide-old-grips-off, slip-new-grips-on" exercise it is on most bike.

Here's a comparo photo of the stock grip and Beemer grip, with the K8 throttle sleeve in between. You can see the ridges on both ends of the throttle sleeve that need to be removed for the grips to fit properly:

GripComparo.jpg

you are well keen dude - i'll stick with std Suzuk ones.

TBH i dont feel a lot of difference as i have those on my GS but then I rarely ride my GS these days
laugh.gif

WAR you should try the 2004 R1 throttle tube. It's a shorter turn thus easier on the wrist. And you will have better throttle response when you want it. Plus it doesn't have the ribs. I've ordered mine waiting for it to come in.

Back