Removing bar ends 08 busa?

Do you guys notice a big difference with this change? I've never done bar end swaps on bikes
I have replaced the OEM bar ends with very light aluminum bar ends and a bar end mirror on each side on my ZX-14. No noticeable difference in handling or grip comfort. I would like to go with very short bar ends on that bike someday when I get around to cutting the aluminum ones I have down. They stick out to far IMHO and it would look better if they were as short as possible.

I just removed the bar ends from the busa and put a bar end mirror on one side. I put the extra bar end mirror bobbin on the other side without a mirror. Same thing, can't tell any difference in handling or grip comfort. Looks a lot better though and drops over 1 lb if I recall.

I have heard people say the grips feel more vibey but I never noticed that. Definitely leaves your handle bars more vulnerable in a crash. I suppose the bar might bend with or without a bar end though.

Last edited:
I've only ever noticed a difference without them. They function as a damper, if you ride any distance without any your hands will feel weird. Best way I can describe it is vibrating like a tuning fork.

Thank you guys for the response. Sounds like i'm not missing out on too much by staying stock. I like the look of some of the aftermarket ones but sounds they do not do much for functionality reasons.

I just used an allen hex socket on a ratchet. I don't recall needing to turn the bar end at th same time.

Ok thanks @Mythos I'll try that tomorrow

Back