question for those with new exhaust..

Good catch, gentlemen. The TiForce duel cans do indeed appear to be off just a little bit. Not brutally so, but enough for the perfectionist to notice.

In addition to the left canister appearing to reside a touch more outboard, it also appears that the right can is sitting a a pinch *higher* than the left can (looking at/comparing the top of the conical exits). Again, not by much, but still....

Or, hell, maybe it's just the angle of the photograph....  
dunno.gif
today, big ride with my wife
ThumbsUp.gif

i'll take others pics (hope real symetric pics), and if i can do... (i'm so bad mechanic guy
ohthedrama.gif
)
I will slightly modify the angle of one or the other of the silencers
please.gif

Your left can is sticking out further  
wowold.gif
Yep it is...and its a little farther back towards the rear than the right side also.

en%20route%20vers%20chris%20001.jpg
Good catch, gentlemen. The TiForce duel cans do indeed appear to be off just a little bit. Not brutally so, but enough for the perfectionist to notice.

In addition to the left canister appearing to reside a touch more outboard, it also appears that the right can is sitting a a pinch *higher* than the left can (looking at/comparing the top of the conical exits). Again, not by much, but still....

Or, hell, maybe it's just the angle of the photograph....  
dunno.gif
No..they're off war
winkold.gif
I've installed several sets of slipons on several bikes....you have to go back and forth and adjust both sides till they're even. He needs to twist his right side midpipe down and out...and bring the left side up and in. And you have to make sure they're both seated the same distance in on the collector. The main thing is leave them both loose enough to move on the bike till you line them both up...then tighten them down. If you install one and just bolt it up, then the other, they'll be wayy off.

When I installed my new Yoshi slip ons the other day, I worked and worked, installed, pulled off, re-installed, etc to get the left and right sides to line up. I got them about as close as I could, but it looks like the muffler on the left side (chain side) come out farther away from the bike than the right side. I looked around at some other pics on the forum and others looks about the same way, but I wanted to check with you guys again.
Here is mine with the Two Brothers. It does sit out but so did the stock one.

My_Hayabusa_042_RS.jpg

Sorry full, I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. I think the pipes are beauties and the sound clips are especially nice. I am definitely a perfectionist on stuff like this (I never claimed that was a good characteristic!), so I tend to notice very minor details that most would say are insignificant. I could name all kinds of things I own that are slightly less satisfying because of those insignificant flaws
sad.gif
You know what though. When I got my 08 in the garage and removed the stickers I spent probably 2 hours just looking over every nook and cranny of the bike and I could not find a single imperfection, nothing at all. Even the lack of imperfections has me thinking something is not quite right! So yeah, don't mind me
beerchug.gif

Back