how did i do??? frame sliders

mynewride

Registered
i have installed new right side plastics and had to recut my hole for the frame slider. hows it look? i originally installed these about a year ago. but i installed after i dropped it and have finally got to replacing the plastics along with about $1000 worth of goodies.

these were done quickly with no laser beam....just a trusty tape measure :thumbsup:
new left side photo's
IMG_20100822_132718.jpg

IMG_20100822_132737.jpg

IMG_20100822_133210.jpg

IMG_20100822_133139.jpg

right side photo's
lslslider3.jpg

IMG_20100822_133257.jpg

IMG_20100822_133250.jpg

IMG_20100822_133236.jpg

if you live in the wichita area and want em done ill hook you up.:thumbsup:

Looks pretty good. How far do they stick out? I have the no cut on mine and they seem to be a little longer. Here is a pic of mine

DSC_0038.jpg

they are like 69 for the mounts and 40 for the pucks. they have many color combo's available. since just the mount is bike specific everyone gets to chose any of the available colors.

in fact id like to trade my titanium pucks for the black ones if anyone has some.

oh yea, the design is supposed to help keep the bike sliding straight rather than protecting the plastics. id rather replace plastics than have the sliders dig in and flip the bike. they stick out far enough to protect frame, tank and engine covers. i truely hope i never have to test them out, but if i do i feel confident they will do the job well.

I also found some black plastic caps at Ace Hardware and put them over the mounting bolt to clean up the look.
My only gripe with these is any time you want to remove the fairings, these have to come off first.

IMG_0986.jpg

LSL made by Speigler.
Hey MYNEWRIDE!
I'm digging the rubber grommet type thingy you have on yours!
Was that done on purpose? Where did you get it?

not sure what your talking about? which picture is the rubber thingy in? there is no rubber on or around the sliders.

I saw the 'rubber thing' too. Then I realized it was just the reflection of the bottom of the slider . . . .

MyNewRide, how much to 'fix one up'?

if you ride down ill do it for i dont know 20-50 bucks. it takes about 30-45 mins. per side. pm me if your interested. id love to meet some org members though and if that is what it takes then so be it. let me know if your interested. i might even do it for free........did i just say that out loud?

yea, if you come to wichita and buy me lunch or something ill hook ya up. the instructions for your frame sliders must come with you as i need the measurements. and i know where to get a great deal on the sliders like mine.

if you ride down ill do it for i dont know 20-50 bucks. it takes about 30-45 mins. per side. pm me if your interested. id love to meet some org members though and if that is what it takes then so be it. let me know if your interested. i might even do it for free........did i just say that out loud?

yea, if you come to wichita and buy me lunch or something ill hook ya up. the instructions for your frame sliders must come with you as i need the measurements. and i know where to get a great deal on the sliders like mine.

How much do the sliders cost?

looks good shaun i should have my new chain in about a week, hoping this weekend it will be here ,we gotta ride together soon

they look great, but w/ such tight tolarances i'd be afraid of it rubbing on the plastics. i would make the hole a hair wider.

Back