question for those with new exhaust..

drhixson

Registered
When I installed my new Yoshi slip ons the other day, I worked and worked, installed, pulled off, re-installed, etc to get the left and right sides to line up. I got them about as close as I could, but it looks like the muffler on the left side (chain side) come out farther away from the bike than the right side. I looked around at some other pics on the forum and others looks about the same way, but I wanted to check with you guys again.

True story.

The 2Bros (at least) comes with a (left-side only) spacer that keeps the pipe further away from centerline due to the location of the chain, etc.

As a fellow perfectionist, it probably bugs the crappage out of you, but don't spend too much time stressing... It is what it is...

Attachments

• 2Bros_Catalog_Spec_Page__e_.pdf
    54.4 KB · Views: 173
whew, good to hear that. And yes, it was\is bugging the crap outta me, but atleast I know I dont have defective pipes or technical skills..
beerchug.gif

whew, good to hear that. And yes, it was\is bugging the crap outta me, but atleast I know I dont have defective pipes or technical skills..  
beerchug.gif
Mine Bug the crap out of me as well got the same issue I have just had to learn to get over it for some reason I have not gotten there yet
laugh.gif

Still debating on which exhaust to go with myself. I'm a perfectionist and I can't stand things that are off like that. At the same time I hate the look of a single side exhaust also, looks unbalanced to me. For right now, the stock will be staying on until dual, offset exhaust grow on me, or by some miracle single sided grows on me.

Kinda disapointed so far. Hope something that looks better to my eyes comes out.

Man, I think that would drive me crazy...I may have to keep the stock system on for a while and see what else hits the market.
rock.gif

I just put a pair of Muzzy CF.s on, and noticed the same thing.
Phew I'm glad it's not just me.

Thanks for the post.

Still debating on which exhaust to go with myself. I'm a perfectionist and I can't stand things that are off like that. At the same time I hate the look of a single side exhaust also, looks unbalanced to me. For right now, the stock will be staying on until dual, offset exhaust grow on me, or by some miracle single sided grows on me.

Kinda disapointed so far. Hope something that looks better to my eyes comes out.
Are you a Libra, perhaps?

no problem on my TIFORCE  
laugh.gif

my%20TIFORCE5.jpg
Your left can is sticking out further  
wowold.gif
Yep it is...and its a little farther back towards the rear than the right side also.

en%20route%20vers%20chris%20001.jpg

Its much easier to see in this picture how much the left can is off. You could probably twist the mid-pipe some and bring it up and in a little. You can't always get them perfect, but if you fiddle enough you can get them close enough to not be too bad  
winkold.gif

Your left can is sticking out further
wowold.gif
Yep it is...and its a little farther back towards the rear than the right side also.

en%20route%20vers%20chris%20001.jpg
Good catch, gentlemen. The TiForce duel cans do indeed appear to be off just a little bit. Not brutally so, but enough for the perfectionist to notice.

In addition to the left canister appearing to reside a touch more outboard, it also appears that the right can is sitting a a pinch *higher* than the left can (looking at/comparing the top of the conical exits). Again, not by much, but still....

Or, hell, maybe it's just the angle of the photograph....
dunno.gif

Back