Question for someone with Mini saddle bags.

Liltroy

Donating Member
Registered
Hey, got a question for any of you guys that got a set of the mini saddlebags. I've been considering getting a set of the mini's but I wanna know if they obstruct the passenger footpegs the way the larger saddlebags do. My plan was to get a set of the mini's and run the straps under the passenger seat so that the wifey could still ride with me and I could still have some storage for drinks, raingear, ect. Thanks for any comments.

Not sure what you mean by mini, but they work great and the passenger foot pegs are not obstructed. Your pillion will love not having to double as a luggage rack. Be sure and put some tape on your paint to save you some scratches.

Eureka 09 001.jpg

Well I declare..........that is them. :laugh: Yes, Juli does ride pillion with the bags installed. Just suck em up tight to keep them off your pipe and PLEASE put some tape on your tail to save your paint. Dont ask me how I know. She loves not having to wear a back pack anymore. :cheerleader: I wish I had better pics. Here is Juli asking if she can get on while I am hamming it for the camera. :laugh:

wm_normal_dh000021.jpg

I love my saddlebags. They carry so much stuff and do stay out of the passengers way. Next I'm getting a tailpack. Planning on a monster trip somewhere this coming year.

DSC01170_smaller.JPG

I've got the Nelson-Riggs, no issues with the passenger pegs, and I was told the straps left on top of the rear seat didn't bother the passenger, and that's on long rides.

:laugh:I've got a manta tankbag and a huge recon tail bag that gives me enough room for everything i need for a 3 day ride but when the wifeys along, the tail bag dont go, and like twotone said....chicks get tired of that backpack real fast!

Been there done that. That's why I have the saddle bags now. Easy install and remove and you just carry the saddle bags inside like luggage :beerchug:

I've got the Nelson-Riggs, no issues with the passenger pegs, and I was told the straps left on top of the rear seat didn't bother the passenger, and that's on long rides.

How are they on the Gen II with the turn signals bulging out? Do you have any pics?

Been there done that. That's why I have the saddle bags now. Easy install and remove and you just carry the saddle bags inside like luggage :beerchug:

my recon tail bags good for that too when I'm alone. Its got the cary handle on top, attackes with 4 bungies that push up into a velcroed pounch when its off the bike, and even has a shoulder strap. its this one Viewing Images For Rapid Transit Recon 23 Tail Bag :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts

But I only paid $20 for it from a guy on craigslist. Still had the tags on it.:thumbsup:

I can fit about 3 days worth of clothes and hygeine in it if I tight-roll. I figure if I get those clearenced compact saddlebags,and I'm flying solo, I should be able to stay gone for about 2 weeks.:laugh: um.....I mean.....I'm getting them for the wifey.:rofl:

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.bmp
    696.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Back