Question for acid refulx people...

motogp08

Registered
I've got acid reflux, and was wondering...do you guys that also have it get hungry a LOT?

I just had a HUGE bowl of soup a few hours ago...and am hungry again ALREADY!

What could cause me to get hungry so much????

In this case, 2+2 doesn't equal 4 bro. I'd say there is no causality present. I have some wicked bad acid reflux and I've noticed no appetite increase or metabolism increase.

The Cocaine speeds up the metabolism nicely though, and the Prilosec is a gift from god herself. :cheerleader:

Since I began taking 150 mgs of Zantac every day I haven't had a problem with it. Don't know if there is any correlation between AR or its meds though. As more than one Dr and RN has told me, the (good) news is, if you pass out from lack of breath is that once you pass out your throat relaxes and opens up allowing you to breathe again...usually in time.:whistle:

I use to get AR all the time. Then I stopped drinking so dam much and now I only get it 5 or 6 times a year.

Other places i've read it could possibly be AR, (could be worms, thyroid, etc)...hope its nothing serious...although, i just drank a shidload of water and i feel better, maybe i'm just dehydrated (oh yeah! i worked out today)...maybe i'm just dehydrated!

I think my body just aged about 40yrs THIS yr... :( :sarcasm:

Could be from the increased hydrochloric acid production in your stomach. remember, anytime a meal is taken in, acid producion increases to aid in the digestion of food. Thus, you may be digesting food a little more rapidly than normal. Very important that you don't eat 3 hours prior to going to bed b/c of this. The lower esophageal sphincter is usually a culprit for acid seeping into the esophagus, causing "heartburn."

Could be from the increased hydrochloric acid production in your stomach. remember, anytime a meal is taken in, acid producion increases to aid in the digestion of food. Thus, you may be digesting food a little more rapidly than normal. Very important that you don't eat 3 hours prior to going to bed b/c of this. The lower esophageal sphincter is usually a culprit for acid seeping into the esophagus, causing "heartburn."

Thanks for the info. VERY helpful!:bowdown:

I take prilosec daily. Got acid reflux. Never get hungry from it. If you have it, you should avoid eating in large amounts. eat smaller meals. Eating a lot of food at once will give you that feeling of the food being right in the bottom of your throat.

Ummmm....yes. Gastroesophageal Reflux is caused by the proton-pump injectors going overboard. End result of hypertension and stressors over the course of your life. It has also been linked to Alcoholism, over-eating disorders, emotional stress, psychological stress, and is considered a genetic. The sphincter at the base of the esophagus also wears out and gets tired allowing the excess digestive fluid to flow "up" the esophagus causing barret's esophagus (stomach cells at the base of the esophagus), and it can cause swaloowing problems and scarring of the throat tisuues.

Ummm....errrr...uhhhh....well now that I read the question, "again" :oldcool: Yes, I get what you'd consider a hollow-feeling stomach or emptiness about an hour after taking my prilocek. Not after eating, so much, but definitely after my daily dosage. My Dr had me on Nexium for four years, and that actually made the hunger issues even worse. So, I just make sure I follow the directions and take in between meals and when I eat my next meal, the hungry feeling doesn't return.

No more gasping, burping, or sleep-related issues. :super:

PS It also could have to do with what you're eating. Some things liquify easier than others and soup goes right through me. Be careful not to over eat, as this aggravates any digestive issues.

Last edited:
Back