Question about rubbers

GHILLIE

Registered
Rubber components that is.

Since many of us have older Busas, I was wondering if any of you have done a comprehensive replacement of rubber items. Mostly, vacuum lines, fuel lines, water hoses, etc.? Usually, manufacturers recommend replacing rubber hoses, etc. at about 7 years. My Busa is now 8 going on 9 years old, and I'm figuring I need to think about doing this job maybe this summer.

Whatcha think?

Preventive maint is way better than having issues on the side of the road for parts that are easy to get to...the clutch push rod seal may not be on that list.

Oh, I completely agree. Like I said I will be doing mine this summer. I was curious if anyone else has done this, and if so how the various parts looked when they replaced them.

Vacuum, water and fuel lines should be fairly easy jobs. My busa turns is 6 years old going on 7.... I should probably be thinking about this also as preventative maintenance

I was thinking about that too but wasnt sure of a good place to get the rubbers, last time ended up with rubber cracking and not the right inside dia.

My first bike was 10 years old (1990) and I didn't have any problems with deterioration. Maybe if your bike is always out in the elements, but other than that but it never hurts to do a good once over yearly :thumbsup:

Back