Question about another noise I\'m hearing...

G

I hear a noise when riding that is somewhere between a rattle and a buzz...I hear it at a standstill or while riding and have narrowed it down to the cockpit area. I think it might be the carbon fiber cover on the dash panel or something behind it. Anyone else hear this? My TL1000R had the same noise.

hey guy, that noise is most likely the windscreen. mine has that same "vibration" sound. try revving the motor in neutral to around 2 grand or so and it should be rather prevelant. when you hear the noise, put one hand on the edge of the windscreen about in the middle or so, and gently apply pressure forward toward the front of the bike, see if the noise stops. this is what i've found on mine. can't really do anything about it though. it's just the design of the windscreen to keep as few screws in it as possible. once i put my pipe on, i'm sure i won't hear it again. lol anyways, i hope i understood the noise your referring to. take care.
mike

well, to remedie that annoying vibration noise from the windscreen, simply remove the two screws and pull the windscreen back. add a little double sided tape to the tab at the very front of the windscreen. (can use any soft cushiony material) reinstall the windscreen. this works great. no more noise.
have fun.
mike

Yep I have the exact same noise. I loosened the windscreen screws and pushed it as far forward as I could then tightend up the winscreen bolds. IT seem to help eliminate some but not all the noise.

Small price to pay to be the king :)

Back