Mysterious Buzzing noise

johnnybighit

Registered
When I ride my Busa, I hear a buzzing noise. Sounds like it's coming from the dashboard area I think? What can it be? What's loose?:banghead:

When I ride my Busa, I hear a buzzing noise. Sounds like it's coming from the dashboard area I think? What can it be? What's loose?:banghead:

I hear the same damn noise..I just had my whole bike apart and now the whole bike is reassembled and I can assure you everything is in its proper place..this all started when I replaced my factory windscreen with an aftermarket DB Windshield...

I think its the windscreen or its the top of the instrument panel...While riding if you here the buzzing, touch your windscreen and see if it stops, if not then touch the top of your instrument panel...if that stops it then you know what it is...

Mine was caused by my instrument panel vibrating against my windscreen and front fairing...When I had my bike apart I wrapped some Dynamat from a car audio shop over the top of the instrument panel and that was the end of my vibration noise...

Good Luck...

It usually is the windscreen.

I hhave never had the problem, but if you do a search on the board this problem has come up before. I "think" the solution was to use black electrical tape around the edges of the windscreen.

This problem goes away if you start using an iPod.

try pulling your windscreen and placing 3" strips of velcro (only the loop side) in various areas of the lip that tucks into your fairing. It takes a bit of working with it to get it to slide in all the way, but with patience it will go in.

This problem goes away if you start using an iPod.

:rofl::rofl:
That is too funny, but very true. Ever since I started using my IPOD I haven't heard it since. Yes it is usually the wind screen. and the previous suggestions all work.

I can't believe to what I read!!!
Same fuc*ing noise from dashboard area...

at 6500/7000rpm...

But...I've changed my triple tree andd I was thinking that the problem was in the difference of weight between stock yoke and Robby Moto yoke...

Now I understand that the problem can be the windshield...
I have a Magical racing carbonfiber/iridium windshield...

i bought some of those sticky felt pads that you use to keep your cabinet doors from slaming, put a couple on the windscreen where I could see where it was rubbing, nice n quiet now

Back