putting speakers in a hayabusa?

Sparta

Registered
Sup guys, wanted to know any one that has speakers in there hayabusa? If so can you hook me up with a link or location that i can get the custom work done?

Thanks in advance!

...yup why dont you PM Rhythm... he is the only guy I know that has speakers on his busa
biggrin.gif

it was pretty slick I have to admit
cool.gif
and man were some heads turning, especially when Rhythm showed up blasting the 80s dance tunes
laugh.gif

sorry Ty, just wasnt what I'd have expected to hear when you rolled up
cool.gif

I gotta say though, tunes on the bike makes for a very nice ride. I have the xm setup on mine and just use some good headphones in the helmet. Can still hear all ambient noises (horns, sirens, road noise, etc) but also get a nice selection of tunes to help time go by on the road
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

it was pretty slick I have to admit
cool.gif
 and man were some heads turning, especially when Rhythm showed up blasting the 80s dance tunes
laugh.gif

sorry Ty, just wasnt what I'd have expected to hear when you rolled up
cool.gif
yup, wasn't what I would have expected either, then again i wasn't sure what to expect from anyone I was meeting up there. good tunes though and the heads did turn. remember the crowd that formed around the bike when he first pulled in and then remained for some time while he answered all the questions. good times.

cool.gif

At first I thought putting speakers on a bike was retarded.... but then I was cruising around downtown on the busa at very low speeds, and thought... hmmm... it'd be nice to have a bad-ass sound system on the busa when pimpin'....
For actual riding, stick to an mp3 player or something, but if you're gonna be cruisng at like 5-10mph, nothing attracts more attention like a busa blasting music
cool.gif

I believe Rhythm said he can hear it up to speeds of 80mph.

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125687262 -->

Why not? If someone wants it and has the talent to make it work then go for it. Some may think it is useless and unnecessary but others may like the idea of crankin up the tunes while riding.
No disrespect intended. Just curious.

I made a fiberglass enclosure a few years ago with two 6" Pioneer speakers and a CD deck with 80watts/speaker. The contraption sat on the tank and was easy to attach and hook up. However, it was heavy and I couldn't hear it above about 70-80mph. Kind of cumbersome and not weather proof. I ditched it.

Now I use an MP3 player and headphones. Better sound quality. I can hear music at warp speed and it is easily "tote-able".

As far as the crowd pleasing aspect, well, I aint here to please others. Much less spend big bucks for something to benefit/annoy others.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm just a po-boy from da south.

Chris

No disrespect intended.  Just curious.  

I made a fiberglass enclosure a few years ago with two 6" Pioneer speakers and a CD deck with 80watts/speaker.  The contraption sat on the tank and was easy to attach and hook up.  However, it was heavy and I couldn't hear it above about 70-80mph.  Kind of cumbersome and not weather proof.  I ditched it.

Now I use an MP3 player and headphones.  Better sound quality.  I can hear music at warp speed and it is easily "tote-able".  

As far as the crowd pleasing aspect, well, I aint here to please others.  Much less spend big bucks for something to benefit/annoy others.  

Just my 2 cents, but I'm just a po-boy from da south.

Chris[/QUOTE]

First Off, dude asked a question about a sound system, not your opinion.
Secound, why are you so curious when other here have given their personal comment based on actual hearing test.

Third, check out my screen name,NCBusa2001, it does says Rhythm. Which should be an indication that I love music, any type. I dont try to please others, only myself and family . Everything that I do, I do for me and mine, period point blank but it is nice to have other people admire  my accomplishment I have done to toy (Busa).

Cordially yours,
Broke down Pimp from the north !!!

Rhythm

Now back to the topic at hand !
super.gif

The system I built can be heard up to 80 mph, but comfortably with no wind noise interferrence up to 65 mph.

Go here to view my sound system, it has detailed photos of my current and past setup. There are a few photos to get your imagination started.
With no plans on telling whats all involved just just yet. Hopefully the selected few I have shared my install secrets and photos of the fabrication will keep it that way until I'm ready to release the info .

My sound system on the Busa has a total of 7 speakers installed through out the bike.

Oh yeah, and the system is a full weather proof, tested and proven with over 5000 mi of riding in all types of weather condition with'n the last two months of riding with fellow onboard .Org Busa, Playaz that can testify to its dependability and quality.

I aint no joke !
afro.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Start off with somthing easy by placing a pair of four inch speaker into your inners before you try to construct your own 5.25 front speaker inner pod like I have done in the post link.

Good luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
If you need speakers on a bike.. your either going too slow, or you need to get into a cage and sell your bike.

ROYZGSX
Rookie

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.30
Location: Da Ghetto (South Gate, Ca) Posted: Sep. 02 2005,15:22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need speakers on a bike.. your either going too slow, or you need to get into a cage and sell your bike. [/QUOTE]

No, no, its goes like this ! If you can turn you're not going fast enuff
laugh.gif

Wow, a brotha is away for a while and everyone forgets about him. But for those that are new around here, I have had a stereo on my Busa for about 3-years now. It has been a work in progress. I started out with 2 speakers and a 40-watt amp. Then two years ago I bumped it up to a 200-watt amp and added a sub-woofer. This year, I upgraded the stem stand to a chrome one, and with the help of ICE and Golden Child, I added a second battrery.

So how good is it? I like it, but ask Cache, Golden Child, Big E, Havoc, Hawaii, Charles, Lobusa, or anyone else who saw it at Laguna. Check out this circle of people on Cannery Row.......3 guesses what they are looking at and listening to.

Thinkers neeeeed love too!

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125700643 -->

1875241_59_sm.JPG

I realize that this is not for everyone...just like chrome wheels or turbos aren't for everyone. I think I can also speak for Rythm when I say that we ride the #### out of our bikes. But at the same time, we want to be unique and able to kick some nice music when cruis'n down the Blvd. Oh you don't cruise down the BLVd? Cool! This would be a good time to switch channels. But if you do cruise, and if you do occassionally hang out at the post up spots, then just imagine a system that sounds as good as, if not better than many cars.

It is the bomb....period.

Thinker62 Posted on Sep. 02 2005,15:47
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I realize that this is not for everyone...just like chrome wheels or turbos aren't for everyone. I think I can also speak for Rythm when I say that we ride the #### out of our bikes. But at the same time, we want to be unique and able to kick some nice music when cruis'n down the Blvd. Oh you don't cruise down the BLVd? Cool! This would be a good time to switch channels. But if you do cruise, and if you do occassionally hang out at the post up spots, then just imagine a system that sounds as good as, if not better than many cars.

It is the bomb....period. [/QUOTE]

cool.gif

Nuff said, Greg
super.gif
   !!!  

poke.gif
Sorry I couldnt have been of any help to you on your orignal or upgraded sound system, G.

laugh.gif
LQQks like theres alot no luv going around.  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125702752 -->

laugh.gif

Big ups to Ty and Greg!! I haven't heard your systems yet, but I'm looking forward to it. A sound system is just a valid a mod as any other on the Busa. Both of you all keep on pimpin' and don't sweat the haters ... to each his on.

I am sure Gregs system sounds great. I can personally vouch for Ty's setup. It sounded as good as my car's stereo and I could hear him next to me up to about 60 mph!!!
wow.gif

Ty's setup is perfect for the rider since it is all integrated into the bike. The 'sound stage' is near perfect with the music focused right on your ears when your sitting on the bike. Big ups to the guys here on the board with the creativity to do things I never would've thought of doing!

Back