intercom speakers in helmat

thapp

Donating Member
Registered
finally got a comm system for my bike everything installed but the helmet speakers actually have them in but there not comfortable and cant get my helmet on without trying to rip off my ears when i put it on . so my question is for those who have done this how do you mount these in your helmet so that the fit is better. i have a fulmer melmet if that helps .
i have thought about cutting a bit of the styrofoam out so the fit a bit better but dont want to jepordize the saftey of the helmet so anyone have any ideas ??

I wear ear plug/headphone combo.
Keeps the noise out and lets the music in.
I tried the speaker route and never got it to work as well.
JMO

My scorpion helmet actually has large ear openings that fit my speakers perfectly. Some for my wifes hjc. You may just want to check into getting a helmet with larger "earholes"

You can take a small amount of foam out of the area right by your ears. Do it only in the thin foam that lines up with your ear canal. The foam there is more for noise control than impact protection.

yes they work really good went for a short ride with it and talked to my wife who was at home only could get about mile and half from the house but in town i thought that was pretty good hope to post some pics when its all done

Helmet choice is critical if you want to add speakers. Some helmets don't offer any room for speakers. The new shoei rf1100 has speaker recesses built into the ear area. I have 4 helmets with speakers in them.

Back