Helmet speakers

Icy1

Registered
Anyone out there have experience with using speakers mounted in your full face helmet for music - I don't like the feel of the earbud-type headphones (and it is, by the way, unlawful in FL), but want to listen to some tunes on the longer trips and maybe the traffic reports when commuting.

I've see speakers on ebay
fd_2.JPG

Do they work? Does a typical CD player have the power to drive them loud enough to be heard over wind and traffic?

i use autocom , lots of cool features , intercom,cell,bike to bike,gps inputs, radar inputs, and the mp3
phone autoawnsers and cuts the music mic in helmet so all vox , hands free!
biggrin.gif

How about the chatterbox stuff, I've looked at it but dont know anyone that has it. Anyone here got any opinions on it?

I bought ICOMM at Americade in early June and love it. 4 headsets and the controller for $150. Cell input, MP3 or CD or anything with a 3.5mm jack, and intercom for rider and passenger. A little more cash and you can add FRS to that. It works to at least 135 MPH and didn't make any of the 3 helmets I put it in uncomfy. My SANSA MP3 is a little quiet but my wifes IPOD seems to do fine. I am going to try my XM this weekend.

I've been using the helmet speakers about 2 months now...Works great. Takes a couple of trys to get them positioned exactly where they need to be, but the velcro holds them in place great.

I've used this one for about 4 months and really like it. It doesn't have the quality of sound like the systems such as Autocomm or J&M will do for you, but hey for $50 and a cheap MP3 player they work great for the long rides and commutes back and forth to work. The one I bought is the X-3. I like the fact it has an inline speaker control. I also use it w/ my GPS when traveling.
http://www.bikeintercom.com/products/helmet_speakers.html

Anyone out there have experience with using speakers mounted in your full face helmet for music - I don't like the feel of the earbud-type headphones (and it is, by the way, unlawful in FL), but want to listen to some tunes on the longer trips and maybe the traffic reports when commuting.

I've see speakers on ebay
fd_2.JPG

Do they work?  Does a typical CD player have the power to drive them loud enough to be heard over wind and traffic?
I just bought a pair off Ebay, should have them by the end of the week.

I decided to buy them from this person:
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4042

Seems like a good cause (read her website) plus they're a few bucks less when you factor in free shipping.

Back