Putting my life in yalls hands

ditchdr

Registered
Ok with the recent rain this week, I am loosing money at the rate of 750.00 a day. So I need to come up with something I can do in the rain to also make money. Now as far as what we are doing now, most can be done in the rain except for lawn mowing and landscape in stalls. This leaves power washing and tree work. But I need some ideas on what else we can do, but still be in the same range of work. I cant put my lawn guys on a tree work as I would loose my behind in labor. The power washing is brand new to the company so I am already running into the red with it until it picks up.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Putting my live in yalls hands

At $750.00 a day, you can stay home and count your money............

How about power washing gutters, get them clean.

yeah clean gutters, fix downspouts run offs make sure water is going away from the house.
Preventative maintenance for your customers :thumbsup:

I was thinking about gutters to. You already have the ladders and lifts .
Possibly offer cleaning them out as well as pressure wash ?

pump out basements....oh wait...sc do you have them there?

If you have not already made contact with new and used car dealers for your power washing business, you might want to look into it. Most dealers will wash off the entire inventory every few weeks, and many will do it rain or shine.

aerate the yards ... always goes better when the ground is a little softer/wet. This time of year, you could always overseed as or after you aerate ... a light rain (obviously not a downpour) helps the seed set well and settle into the aerated plug holes.

Also teach your crew maintenance ... change oil/filters/plugs, grease, clean, paint/repair, sharpen/replace blades.

Last edited:

you already have an ad in your local craigslist? local paper? flyers in mailboxes and/or windshields of cars? best of luck.

I am the GM of a used car dealership and I have my cars rinsed off by a mobile detailer twice a week.

Don

Raining every day? Make umbrellas with your company name on them :laugh:

Then when it is not raining, do your normal thing. Then when it is raining, people will use your umbrellas and remember when it clears up to give you a call :beerchug::lol:

I thought gutters as well but in addition to that, run drain lines under ground to a different area to prevent washout. People are always complaining about the drains washing out their lawns.

Just a thought because I just finished mine and it was not fun for the average homeowner.

But well worth it in the end

Do you have wheelie bins for garbage collection in your area? Maybe you could offer a mobile cleaning service? $2/week to wash out bins?

Used to find heavy equipment users and pressure wash the radiators,,be surprised how many companies will go for that after just one burnt engine,,

Find a local trucking company. We have one here that washes our tractors, trailers, and box trucks. We have over 40 tractors, 50+ box trucks, and over 100 trailers. There are 3-4 of them working and trust me, they make decent money doing it.

are you really losing that much money? Even if you're leasing all of your equipment short term I can't imagine it coming out to 750 per day.

Rain days were always the best time to get in touch with customers on what their future needs may be, do estimates, network with business owners such as building owners and property management companies, speak to banks with foreclosed properties about maintenance, speak to the local town officials about maintaining foreclosed/abandoned properties (they bill the banks for your services since most towns have laws that require a certain minimum apearance standards), etc. Take these few opportunities to look at your long term goals and ways to expand for the future. If you just focus on what's going on today it's easy to loose site of the future potential for your business.

are you really losing that much money? Even if you're leasing all of your equipment short term I can't imagine it coming out to 750 per day.

Rain days were always the best time to get in touch with customers on what their future needs may be, do estimates, network with business owners such as building owners and property management companies, speak to banks with foreclosed properties about maintenance, speak to the local town officials about maintaining foreclosed/abandoned properties (they bill the banks for your services since most towns have laws that require a certain minimum apearance standards), etc. Take these few opportunities to look at your long term goals and ways to expand for the future. If you just focus on what's going on today it's easy to loose site of the future potential for your business.
Well put

btw... have you looked at grass die? It's a very hot growing market up in the northeast. Everyone wants GREEN lawns. Realestate companies promote it, corporate offices promote it, hell how do you think all of the grass sport fields stay so green?? It's not always through constant irrigation. :thumbsup:

btw... have you looked at grass die? It's a very hot growing market up in the northeast. Everyone wants GREEN lawns. Realestate companies promote it, corporate offices promote it, hell how do you think all of the grass sport fields stay so green?? It's not always through constant irrigation. :thumbsup:

Come on, no response to my umbrella marketing? :laugh:

Commuta, Grass Dye, hmmm that is very interesting and a very very good idea I might add. Nice addition.:thumbsup:

it would be tough to compete against chinese umbrellas :laugh:

Yea, they dye is really a whole new market that someone could really explode. If you're in the right region this could be a year round effort. The dye's only last max 3month so you can get repeat clients.

Come on, no response to my umbrella marketing? :laugh:

Commuta, Grass Dye, hmmm that is very interesting and a very very good idea I might add. Nice addition.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back