9000 dollars,

ditchdr

Registered
Today was a total wash out for the company. Woke up to pouring rain. Its a mixed blessing. We need rain bad, but I had scheduled a tree removal. Lucky for me the customer let us reschedule with out a problem.

Since I was not out in the field working I sat at my desk and got the paper work caught up. Well many of you remember a few weeks ago I did a across the board firing of everyone. My production numbers were in the toilet, pay roll was 110% of gross and we were sinking fast. So I have been busting my ass for 2 weeks getting everyhting done with as little help as I could find..

Anyhow, I get to reading the mail, and it seems my wonderful workers were really screwing up. Or at least one of them. Had one customer call and cancel her contract. Seems when said person did a leaf removal job and clean up, he put a ton of leaves under the customers deck, opened the customers enclosed trailer and filled it full of stick and tree debris. So thats 3000.00 dollars gone.

Next one I found out about last week, same person was mowing the lawn and hooked a sprinkler head. Ok no big deal I keep spears on the truck. But he pulled the entire main feed line, as well as the spider lines up in this yard. He never told me he did it, the customer called and told me. So that was 500 out of my pocket to fix the damage, and the customer canceled. So lets add 3000 more to the total..

Get a email at 8am, seems he upset one of my high profile customers, No names but he owns a Nascar team, and lives in Wild Dunes. Seems same person has skipped mowing this lawn a few times, and when he did mow it, he missed spots did a crappy job on the weed eating and the edging looks like a 3 year old did it.. Customer canceled contract.. Just the mowing on this property was 3300 for the year.

So there you have it,, 1 person lost me over 9000 dollars and no telling how much future monies due to nothing but being lazy!!!!

Last edited:
Bro, Its hard to find , NO SERIOUSLY hard to find good help !!! It'll all work out !! I had a very bad past couple of weeks . Started out with my Mom passed away etc etc . yesterday nothing from the time I woke up went right. I seemed the man upstairs had a plan . My mom isnt suffering anymore , and yesterday when nothing went right all worked out to run into an old friend that needed a shoulder ( he's totally eat'en up with cancer ) . So even when its bad , it could be for a good reason.. It will get better !!!

Maybe you should take them out behind the woodshed and put a bullet in his head.
Oh, to harsh? Just fire them. . .

Offer to mow their lawn for free for the next 3 months at no charge. Seriously, if they are decent people, they will give you a 2nd chance and that's one heck of an offer to pass up. 3 months and you can get back the business....maybe?

Bro, Its hard to find , NO SERIOUSLY hard to find good help !!! It'll all work out !! I had a very bad past couple of weeks . Started out with my Mom passed away etc etc . yesterday nothing from the time I woke up went right. I seemed the man upstairs had a plan . My mom isnt suffering anymore , and yesterday when nothing went right all worked out to run into an old friend that needed a shoulder ( he's totally eat'en up with cancer ) . So even when its bad , it could be for a good reason.. It will get better !!!

Man sorry to hear about your Mom.

Chris

I would have no problem going to the canceled people with my hat in hand.

Offer em the 3 month deal and explain about your fired employee. It's at least worth 3 phone calls.

Chris

Seems when said person did a leaf removal job and clean up, he put a ton of leaves under the customers deck, opened the customers enclosed trailer and filled it full of stick and tree debris.

Wow! ???

I know I probably shouldn't say this...and no offense intended, but an employee will only do..what the boss checks up on...lesson for the future - don't assume; if they see you going out and checking their work - and maintaining a high standard - it will solve SO MANY problems while they are small and before they get big.

I know you probably aren't in the mood for an armchair quarterback, but it's as good advice as I could possibly give. Good luck.

I am sorry to hear that one person caused you to lose so much money. I wish I was there to help you out. I am out of a job and would take just about anything right now.

Back