Push start a 08 hayabusa

kevykev

Registered
I am in the middle of installing LEDs on my bike and I was just wondering if they were left on and the battery was drained would I be able to push start the bike? I know that when I turn the key on I hear the fuel pump turn on but that would not happen with a dead battery. Has anybody had this happen to them?
THanks

The voltage draw from simple L.E.D.s should not drain your battery for a very long time. But yes, you can push start in 2nd gear if you're agile enough. Not sure how the fuel pump operates in those conditions, but I know my battery was dead, and yet it was able to be push started anyway.

Last edited:
The voltage draw from simple L.E.D.s should not drain your battery for a very long time. But yes, you can push start in 2nd gear if you're agile enough. Not sure how the fuel pump operates in those conditions, but I know my battery was dead, and yet it was able to be push started anyway.

+1 on that

It may not be the LED's. My remote control for my LED's pulls all the time. I installed a switch to turn off the remote system to keep it from draining my battery. It takes something like two weeks for it to drain my battery though.

Well I learned the hard way not to push start it in first... and when im not scared and it needs to be done again i will try second gear, but i just got the seat clean!!!!

I push started my gixxer quite a few times:mad:, I usually did it in 1st gear. The worst is when you have to push it uphill first in order to get it to roll fast enough to hop on and let the clutch out.

Be careful though, It tends to jump forward once it starts, or at least mine did.

Well I learned the hard way not to push start it in first... and when im not scared and it needs to be done again i will try second gear, but i just got the seat clean!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: ... I suddenly just had a flashback to when I was...Er, I knew this 15 yr old who thought it would be easier to push start a '82 CR480 because the kicker was on the left side- not good:laugh:

Yes Sir! Done it in 1st if you cant go fast enough. Second is best though if your pushing down hill or even a nice flat surface.

If bat is just drained with enough juice to rotate the crank and fuel pump you can push start. If you lucky.

Bat drained from headlight will/can take the voltage down to far and push start isn't a option.

I think I would take the safe bet and use battery charger would hate to drop it!

Back