pulling the transmission out

here is a pic with the head back after being milled. got the valves in today. i think that tomorrow it will be all done. maybe.:cheerleader:

downsized_0920001123.jpg

well the head is back on. tomorrow we degree the cams, button it back up and put it back on the frame. now getting anxious about it. when they put the valves back on and checked the clearances, it was still within factory specs. no shims needed .... im pretty pleased with that...

downsized_0921001423.jpg

here are pics of the manual cam chain tensioner and when we were degreeing the cams. its all buttoned up now. so i think we might have it back on the frame and done today. im really looking forward to this

downsized_0922001114.jpg

downsized_0922001302.jpg

downsized_0923001212.jpg

downsized_0923001212a.jpg

That looks cool/ fun.. Now if someone is doing this in the TN area I'd come help to get the learnings:) thats Hillbilly talk for yunts..

Well she is all done. Took it out of the shop today and rode to work. Didnt have any time for anything else at this point. Tuesday is the last day at the drag strip for the season and i plan on being there. Ill give an update after that with how the new engine work did. Hopefully i will beat my best time of 9.86 but we'll see.

I want to take a moment to thank the people at Extreme Performance Cycle here in Dayton. Specifically Craig Teeters, the owner. Without whom none of this would have been possible for me. And a huge thanks to BO! One heck of a mechanic. He did a lot of work on the bike and made it look so butt stupid simple but i know it is anyting but simple. I swear I felt like a 1st grader sitting next to him watching. I was probably more in the way than i was any kind of help. These guys are really the best and I owe them so much, so if anyone is close and needs any work done look them up. They are great people to do business with I promise you.:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Back