Psycobusa checking in

psycobusa

Registered
what's up fellas? yall miss me
smile.gif
i've been working some long hours lately and just haven't had the energy to stay up all night like before
coffee.gif
i just got back from a small vacation and visiting my family in MS. i wish i could have been able to go the the M&G in austin but it just happened to be my luck that it was schelduled on the same day as my family reunion in MS.

im kinda glad now though that i wasnt able to go to the M&G. i had a pretty scary incident with my bike while in MS. i brought it over there in the back of my truck and the next day i unloaded it so i could ride it to the reuinon. unlike some of the roads here in TX, the place i lived in MS has long straight 4 lane roads with extra wide medians seperating the two sides. there is also a great deal less traffic than here in TX. anyway, as i'm traveling to the reunion with my brother following behind me in his truck, i came to a very nice straight stretch of highway with no traffic and i just had to open her up and top her out. well, i quickly got her up to 160 and all of a sudden the acceleration just leveled out at that point. just a couple of seconds later i heard a loud azz bang and all of a sudden the rear end of the bike started shifting from left to right and i could feel hard vibrations as if the bike was trying to jump up and down while i was doing over 150mph. all i could think was that i had blown the rear tire and that i was about to eat asphalt. i don't know if i was more scared of sliding down the road that fast or if i was more pizzed at the fact that i was about to lay the bike down and having to go through all of the cost and time to get it back together again just having gone thru that less than 2 years earlier. as i was looking down at my speed which had gone down to around 120, i noticed that my rpms was on 0. i then pulled in the clutch and that took out about half or more of the jumpiness part but the rear end was still shifting back and forth and i just knew it was a matter of time before it shifted to far in one direction and me and bike would be sliding down the road. luckily that didnt happen. i was able to apply steady easy pressure on the front brake and finally slow it down and pull over in the median. as i got off the bike, i looked down the highway and both lanes were smothered in white smoke for 3-500 feet. i thought to myself, damn, the chain snapped, busted my case, and caused oil to shoot all over my rear tire making for a very slippy ride. sure enough there was oil all over the rear tire, but my chain was intact. oil was steadily dripping from the belly of the bike and on the belly wing plastic i pick up a chip of metal which was smooth and rounded on the outside and that threads tapped into it where it had split off. i havent had time to take the bike apart yet but that chip of metal ressembles a piece of the end cap which bolts the rod to the crank. it had been a while since i checked the oil in the bike. all i can guess right now is that it only had a little oil in the pan and when i took it up to 160, that little bit of oil was all sucked to the top of the engine, leaving to bottom end dry and causing it to throw a rod.

i guess now is the perfect time to get that 1397 kit or turbo or both that i've been wanting for so long
super.gif
i can get an engine fairly easily but i do need a couple of small favors if anyone can help.

1. the engine im buying is a 2006 but my bike and wiring harness are from 2000. i think i remember there are 2 or 3 things which need to be changed on the 06 engine to make it mate up with the 00 harness. hopefully someone has the facts on that and could let me know.

2. i dont have the special sockets to be able to remove the engine from the frame. i think suzuki wants somewhere around $200 for them. if anyone makes the homemade versions and could give me a good price, i would be greatful. i would ask to borrow someones, but i dont know how long it will be before i get the new motor installed, especially if i have work done to it, and i dont want to be holding on to someone elses sockets for months at a time.

like i said before, i havent had time to tear it apart since i returned to TX, but ill post some pics up for yall when i do. pics are like crack cocaine around here
jump9.gif

thanks for the help guys

Sorry to hear about the engine.  Glad that you're OK, tho!

Schnitz has a socket for about $70

Linksta!

glad your ok man that could of been a bad one there good save
super.gif

glad your back and dont forget our crack
beerchug.gif

Good job not freakin and doin some panic move that really wooda hurt. Too bad your return was not so good, but hey...GOOD TO C YA
super.gif

glad to hear you are ok and the bike can be fixed...good to see you back around too
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear you kept a level head and was able to pull over safely. Sorry to hear about your engine tho. How many miles do you have on your bike?

glad to hear you kept it upright. could have been a lot worse.
SHOCKED.gif
pucker factor 10

Been missing your sorry azz and glad to see ya post. Sorry you grenaded the 1299.

That must have been a sweet ride to 0 MPH
laugh.gif

Back