DAMN!!

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
This is on my 2000 Katana 600

Here is the scoop. I dropped the bike less than a year ago and only damages were The oil light stayed on because it was determined that the oil sensor unit was either damaged or unplugged becuase even if you top off the oil, it wold still show. And the cran case cover is scratched up.

I pulled off the lower fairing and unplugged the bolt to let the oil out. It was VERY LITTLE oil in it so I checked the crank case cover and found that the two bolts were loose at the bottom, along with oil driplets and oil in that area that showed oil leaked under pressure. So I was like ok, thats what happened to the oil and fixed it.

i put in the AMSOIL XL-7500 synthetic 10w-30 motor oil. 3 quarts of it. I could tell the difference in shifting the gears that it was smoother, I was happy.

Well I was feeling like, without my knowing, I rode the bike for a long time without oil and redlining it occasionally and nothing happened. Then what bad is going to happen if therre IS oil in it.

So after I met my friend up, We decided to run each other, he is in an 02 maxima. I give him the jump I go down to 2nd, up 3rd, end of fourth coming up on redline, I am about to shift into 5th and all I see is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE cloud of smoke in my rear view.

Luckily I was really close to home and driving it, it seemed to ride fine, then sputter and almost die and I have to slip the clutch to keep it alive. After the bike was turned off, smoke still poured out from the exhaust and there is wet oil on the tip of the muffler, specs of it on the rear fender!!

WHAT IS WRONG? thanks for any help. This was my ONLY transportation untill the end of this month. :-(

if this helps any. Piston rings were mentioned. Someone suggested that I lost some piston rings if I was blowing the amount of smoke that I was. If this is the case, previously after the drop, and low oil etc. I would hear a 'ringing' sound in the motor at idle, and when revved. Is this the culprit? so MOST LIKELY getting someone to replace the rings will solve the problem?

<!--EDIT|HayaBoosta03
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111196323 -->

NM...motor is gone. Upon starting it, many times there would be nothing and the lights would dim. I am guessing the starter is draining the power. Other times it would sound normal trying to crank followed by a knock that seems to be lower in the motor, A rod maybe?

Yea, it,s blowed up.
grim.gif

it does suck, now, if only I could find a Hayabusa motor to replace it!! aha j/k i will try to find a katana motor for cheap

Maybe the replacement bike for your girlfriend just comes a little early!

Well BigBSbusa, I was going to sell the bike for 2500 to get me started on money. It will only set me back just a bit because I need to fix it before I sell it. But I am very determined now. I found an engine for 500$ not including shipping, is this a good price and a couple of other engines for around 700$. Would a replacement drop in motor be CHEAPER/RELIABLE than a rebuild?

Also I hear that the katana 600 is actually the same katana 750 engine just DE-stroked, and also one of the 'earlier' GSXR engines from year '80s I believe? ANYONE know what TYPE/YEAR engines will fit in the 2000 katana 600 chassi?

hanginginthetowel.jpg

^pic of me throwing in the towel for 2 weeks untill mr Busa gets back

still can't believe I would have been better off WITHOUT oil than WITH oil lol

Isn't it kinda strange how they won't run for very long with out any oil or apparently not enough
rock.gif

Back