Proud new owner

watchdog

Registered
Hello to all, just wanted to say hey to the group. I finally got my Hayabusa after years of thinking about it! This thing is everything I hoped it would be and then some. It's a 2000 Red and Grey version, I was going for a Black and Purple but found this one locally for a great price and in very good condition. Only 20,000 miles and not too messed with. When I took it for a test ride it felt like it was on wooden wheels. Didn't want to turn at all until I got the speed up and then still kinda spooky, thought maybe the steering damper was bent or ?? Told the owner who said it had always been like that and he just got used to it. Took a chance and took it home, front tire had 10 psi,,,,rear had less than 10!!!!
So far I've gotten the bar risers from Doyle and the Buell peg mod, and a double bubble. Working on getting a Tobin cause I slide all over the stock seat and I hear that they are really comfy. I've been riding Triumphs for about 5 years now and love them, Daytona, Trophy, Sprint ST, Thruxton, TT600, but I just couldn't forget the Busa. I've yet to meet any other local Busa riders but I see one now and again. People ask me why I wanted one, I think most don't understand just how much fun they are!! But I'm preaching to the choir here. I've learned a lot from reading here, it's a great site. Thanks for letting me in. Mark
cool.gif
laugh.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

Welcome and congrats! Glad you are enjoying that new found joy. Post up pics quick or the dogs will get after you.
laugh.gif

welcome.gif
to your new addiction and just when you think you are
cured another member will be there to fuel your addiction
with another mod. Now all you have to do is follow the
rulez8bn.gif

and post some pics.

Ok, this isn't my bike but it looks just like it. Just seeing how this upload thing works. All my own pics seem to be way to large for the 200 kb limit. How the heck do you take smaller pics?

2000_redgrey.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous. Welcome! Look up Wag; he's NM between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

You've found a new family...

Scar

Go to the top of this forum in the "Pinned" section. The first thread is for learning how to post pic's. You can use photo editor to re-size/compress your pic so you can post it !!!
beerchug.gif

Great help with the picture questions, let's see if I can do it right. This isn't my Busa yet, just me on my Trophy.

26__Small_.JPG

Welcome aboard! We're in Rio Rancho and we ride all the damn time. What city are you in? Anywhere from Taos to Mountainair is probably close enough to hook up.

Congrats on the new ride, man!

--Wag--

Welcome aboard! We're in Rio Rancho and we ride all the damn time.  What city are you in?  Anywhere from Taos to Mountainair is probably close enough to hook up.

Congrats on the new ride, man!

--Wag--
Thanks to all for the friendly greetings!! Wag, I'm in Tijeras just east of Albluquerque. I'd love to go riding sometime, I'm kinda spoiled by the nice roads near me. Took it up the Crest road and it did great. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Mark

Back