Proud Owner of new 2017 Busa

Tim R

Registered
Hi all, just picked my new Black '17 Busa up in Vancouver, Canada. Put 500 miles on her in the first couple of days, now I've "trigger finger" in my clutch pinky . This is my dream bike though. I've been scouring the sight. I'm hoping to mod it as a sport touring machine. I've just received my ZG double bubble. Got a tank bra. Waiting on a gel seat. Hoping to get helibars, dropped pegs
20180510_172826_001.jpg
and a great tank bag. Will be hitting you guys up about exhaust after I've done more research. Also, really love the look of the Corbin Beetle Bags but all I've read is negative stuff. Hoping Corbin has listened to the feedback and made some improvements. Anyways, I LOVE this bike.

Hi there , welcome to the Org. mate !! The black '17 Busa sure looks slick :super:, and by the sounds , you're about to go crazy , and individualize her to your ride style desire :). Plenty of pilots on here have like minds when it comes to a fast moving Busa to cover big miles fast and in comfort , check C10 's machine for ultimate evolved 'mile muncher' machine , for some excellent ideas :thumbsup: . Great that you have joined , and look forward to your future post of your many rides to come with your new Busa !! :beerchug:

Hi all, just picked my new Black '17 Busa up in Vancouver, Canada. Put 500 miles on her in the first couple of days, now I've "trigger finger" in my clutch pinky . This is my dream bike though. I've been scouring the sight. I'm hoping to mod it as a sport touring machine. I've just received my ZG double bubble. Got a tank bra. Waiting on a gel seat. Hoping to get helibars, dropped pegs View attachment 1581164and a great tank bag. Will be hitting you guys up about exhaust after I've done more research. Also, really love the look of the Corbin Beetle Bags but all I've read is negative stuff. Hoping Corbin has listened to the feedback and made some improvements. Anyways, I LOVE this bike.
Congrats on the new ride!! I say don’t bother with Corbin. Look up member “c10” and you’ll get plenty of ideas from his touring setup. Great guy and always willing to share info about his setup.

That's good advice on the gel seat CBXRider, I am in the market for one myself and never even thought of that...
Welcome Tim R! You and I share a similar theme, I just picked up my 2017 white Busa a couple weeks ago and just went over 900 miles on the way to work this morning. Love this bike! I'm interested to see what you end up doing, sounds like you have similar ideas as I did for mods. I went with Coffman shorties for the exhaust, absolutely love the sound and the easily removable/replaceable baffles. They are quite loud though, not sure if that's what you are looking for. Did a rear fender delete and just ordered an X-Grip from Ram Mounts for my phone...I definitely need my GPS considering how far I ride into unfamiliar territory most days. But yeah, definitely need a different seat. The OEM seat is a far cry above any other sport bike I've ridden, but does get pretty rough after an hour or so...

Best summer seat ever is a Kontour.
It allows air to pass through it, and keeps your azz from getting hot.
I had one on my gen2 and my Bking, and will put one on my next bike.
You'll need a winter seat though, because it'll freeze you on a cool day, lol.

Back