Proper method for cleaning lcd screens

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Got 10,000 <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>opinions</span> off Google. Do we have an expert in the house?

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "spell off correctly...hahaha"|1149284982 -->

you mean like a flat-screen monitor?

i just use water and a soft rag. If something's really sticking on there I spray a bit of glass cleaner on the rag, dilute with water and use that...

Just dip the screen in a tub of water, then scrub it down... That should do the trick.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

they make "wet wipes" specifically for LCD screens. they work fine, we use those at work. I never tried Windex yet, but I would GUESS it would work ok. try in a small section first. also the screen's manual or instructions should tell you how best to clean that certain style of screen which

A topic near and dear to my heart. I have more money invested in my home theater than I have in my 06 Busa! And I have LCD PC monitors attached to all my computers in my house.

NO Windex! NO Papertowels!

Only use LCD Cleaner. I use Monster because it's the best. You can get it at Best Buy but here's what it looks like...LINK

Heck - I just use windex, glass plus, or whatever is available. Spray it on a rag, paper towel, shirt-tail, etc. Whatever it takes to get the screen clean.

here's the system I use to remove dust and pizza splatter from my GLASS screen. I have not tried it with an LCD yet, but it might work:

lick.JPG

here's the system I use to remove dust and pizza splatter from my GLASS screen.  I have not tried it with an LCD yet, but it might work:
I had not figured you for a pervert WWJD. You just opened a new chapter in your life.

"Weird screen licking guy".

Please,tell me you don't live with your Mom,and that she still makes your lunch.

here's the system I use to remove dust and pizza splatter from my GLASS screen. I have not tried it with an LCD yet, but it might work:
I had not figured you for a pervert WWJD. You just opened a new chapter in your life.

Please,tell me you don't live with your Mom,and that she still makes your lunch.
this from a guy who wears women's clothes and hair? HAHHAHA

what fun is there in being normal?
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149361049 -->

here's the system I use to remove dust and pizza splatter from my GLASS screen.  I have not tried it with an LCD yet, but it might work:

this from a guy who wears women's clothes and hair?  HAHHAHA

what fun is there in beign normal?
Ya got me.

Now on to more important topics.

Where did you get that high res background?

And do you have the background I use.The pic with Anna's bum up close,she's wearing those teri cloth shorts with the pockets upside down?

She's pulling a ball out of the leg.

OK Seriously, the coating on the front of the LCDs doesn't hold up well to chemicals. Use an LCD cleaner if you want, but I am a big fan of a damp warm Microfiber cloth and NOTHING else. Never touch the screen and it allmost never needs cleaning.

I am also willing to bet that plexus would do a bang up job as well.

But $20 for an LCD Cleaning kit is clever marketing at it's best. Just use Micofiber and warm water...

My .02 anyway, works great on my 50", the two 20" and other two 20s at work.
thumbs-up.gif

Back