Problems with jda customs tag mount????

psycobusa

Registered
i bought one of these chain guard tag relocators from jda customs. it looks pretty good and all but it doesnt seem to hold up to road vibrations and maybe wind resistance. i was going down the highway the other day and the tag part just snapped off. from looking at it i would say there isnt enough metal connecting the guard to the plate. im guessing road vibrations and wind resistance flexes it so much that the metal becomes weak and finally snaps in two. i was wondering if anyone else who has the same one has had the same problems. btw mine is brushed aluminum. also would jda replace it or refund my money? i tried to call them today but it looks like they are closed.

busa_tag_001__Medium_.jpg

Psyco

I'd say that is a poor design. It needs to be boxed on the back side to prevent vibration causing it to break.

Looks kind of weak, but hard to tell. I'd call 'em and tell them what happened. They should at least be able to tell you what the specs were for the piece and maybe give you a replacement (if you want it).

WOW!! dont mean to laugh but dayum..

I had the EXACT same problem with a tag relocator that I made.

BA BUSA was with me when I snapped the rest of it off during a ride.

He had told me when he rode behind me that he could see if flopping up and down.

I made a second version but this time, right where it broke (exact same location as yours) I welded a small piece of angle iron underneath.

I have had this one on my bike for going on almost 2 years I think with no further problems.

And that is with speeds up to 180+ on a frequent basis.

Oh and also getting airborne at 130 plus
biggrin.gif

I just assumed people that were selling this things already figured that out...

So for future referance for everyone, if you purchase a tag relocator, yes, right where the top of the license plate is, the exact location that is in the pic, if there is not additonal support the vibrations will cause it to crack and break.

If you know someone who can weld aluminum, then you should try fixing it. Either that or just purchase the G2 tag relocator from UNDRPSI. Got mine the other day and it's DA BOMB!!

Kinda a old post but happen to come across it. I had the EXACT same problem with mine!!! I was lucky enough to see it 1/2 way cracked across in the exact same spot as yours. It took longer for my "custom" (aka no Hayabusa lettering) to come in than it lasted on my bike. It still had warranty, so I returned it for a new one and sold it on ebay for 1/2 of what I paid for it, but hey at least I got some $$ back. I have a G2 now and LOVE it. WAY WAY WAY more sturdy than the POS JDA one. Plus cheaper.
smile.gif

Got one of their stock length chrome chain gaurds a while back.
Fit was very poor and I had to force it on and then bend it into place.
Tried to contact them through email, but they did not seem to care or want to fix the problem.
Couldn't use factory screw, had to end up buying longer bolts at autozone to make it work.
rant.gif

Back