Problem

OB_jimjib

Registered
Need some help here...been having a problem and my dealer cant seem to find the answer. All gauges stick at about 6:00 and stay there even when the bike is turned off, which eventually drains the battery. They just replaced the entire instrument panel and the problem still exists. All the cabling has been rung out (that's what they tell me anyway) with no shorts found, has anyone else experienced this?

Sounds like another Busa wiring short. See RobBase's posting and pictures over on LaBusa's.

try removing or unpluging sections at a time of the various sensors.I believe one of your sensors on your bike is either shorted or bad,second check any of your wires around the fuse box.Good Luck.
oh ya don't forget to check the charging circuit also might be a short in that area.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 15 June 2000).]

Thanks for the iinfo I will give em one more chance to figure it out and then I will
have to get involved myself.

On another matter, any Arizona guys going up to the bluegrass festival in Presscott?

Bear with the stupid Questions please answer them.

They replaced the whole unit and it still does this?
what milage does the new meter have on it?
All stock( no Yellow Box ,Alarms,Radar detectors,ect)?
This happens every time same position?

Sorry, should have been more complete, appreciate you taking the time Johnnycheese..
and everyone else.

They replaced the whole unit and it still does this?****Yes

what mileage does the new meter have on it?**** Didn't notice but was supposed to be new.

All stock( no Yellow Box ,Alarms,Radar detectors,ect)?*****Totally stock

This happens every time same position?****Yes every time same position, all gauges.

When I first fired it up at the dealership it seemed fine (occasionally it will act fine for a few minutes and then it will go into lock mode) that is, engine and all lighting works good but gauges freeze. As I pulled away from the dealership it did something new...quit cold and I had to push it back. I cycled the kick stand thinking maybe it got hung up but it didn't help. It sat for a minute and then it fired up with gauges in lock mode again (gauges sweep like normal then lock). It did not quit this time but gauges stayed frozen as usual. I should probably just wring out the harness myself but I bought the service contract and figure I should get my moneys worth.

Shucks, I should of asked this question at labusas...then I could have talked about me peepee too.

The milage question was to verify it was a new one.
A new meter combo will have ZERO miles on it and you should have filled out a Federal form for odometer change.
If infact the meter combo has been changed it is most likely a conncetor problem under the left inner cowl cover or a pin has backed out of the connector of the meter.
If you have a extended warranty useit that combo is not cheap.

Thanks, it was my Mom and Dad as well as my Grandparents that taught me to do my best.
Now I am passing it on to my kids.

Please let me know what they find .

That's interesting, I was wondering how they were going to deal with the mileage thing. I didn't fill out a dern thing, that will be fun question to ask them.

Johnnycheese, just a comment...been looking at your posts for a year and you are poised for greatness. Its really nice to see a true craftsmen at work. I have dealt with a lot of engineers, machinist and the like and
its easy to spot a guy that really gives a sh*** about his craft and is going somewhere. I don't know where you got your work ethic (probably great parents) but let me tell you. you are a standout.

Listen!!!!!!

The Probs your having can prob be fixed real quick!!! I had the same thing happen to mine sorta. Take your tank up and look on the left side around the swingarm attach point...theres a plug that in my case everytime I lubed the chain would get greese or oil in it and short it out, the only way to fix the prob is to clean it with contact cleaner and put a piece of plastic over it to keep it from getting dirty!!!!!!

Back